Will I lose recordings after flashing Tiviar box

Ladyblue

Hi All..I am back again with anoter question.I have the Tiviar alpha plus a few weeks..I can use it fine,but not having 7 day epg for freesat is a bit of a pain..I am planning to flash te box...I have some recordings...Will I lose those if I flash the box?. Thanks L

Hi All..I am back again with anoter question.I have the Tiviar alpha plus a few weeks..I can use it fine,but not having 7 day epg for freesat is a bit of a pain..I am planning to flash te box...I have some recordings...Will I lose those if I flash the box?. Thanks L
No they will be fine

If box is only new would suggest you are on a recent image and you did not setup box correctly for choosing epg sources and where they are saved.

I am using what the box came with..I think its fortis system..From what I have read on various forums,is that you can only have a now and next epg with that..Also I want to be able to put channels in a different order...And I dont think it will uodate any channel changes with the system it came with....I could be all wrong of course..Thanks for the reply..L

how to switch to enigma2
from Fortis OS

1) Format USB Stick with FAT32
2) Power off your Box with the rear power switch.
2) Download the cfe-tiviaraplus_to_Enigma2-20171020.zip and extract the zip file and copy the files to the USB Stick
3) Disconnect any USB-HDD or WIFI Sticks from the Box
4) Connect the USB Stick you have prepared at Nr 2 to any free USB connector.
5) Press and holt the Channel Up Key on front of the Box and power on the box with rear power switch..
6) you see download and after 2 sec "Complete" in the VFD Display, now the Bootloader is now Ready for Install Enigma2
7) Download the last openATV Image
8) Use same USB Stick you have use for Update the Bootloader and extract the zip file and copy the files to the USB Stick.
9) Power off your Box with the rear power switch.
10) Connect the USB Stick you have prepared at Nr 8 to any free USB connector.
11) Power on the box with rear power switch. Your See in VFD "PressPWR" press the White Standby Button on front of the Case to Start Image Update.
12) Remove the USB Stick and enjoy the new TV experience with openatv.

Attachments

• cfe-tiviaraplus_to_Enigma2-20171020.zip
    165.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I still have to get around to flashing the box..I was out of action healthwise over Christmas.Its just now I have started reading the steps needed to do...I was able to turn off the two bright lights at the front of the tiviar alpha plus by going into settings.If I put on the new image..will the lights be back on,and if they are,can they be turned of from settings in the new image...Thanks LB

Back