Will using a VPN on enigma box stop ISP seeing server use?

tqd12

Hi all,

Firstly I appreciate that this is on the tip of what is allowed to be discussed but it's just a mere query that I've been wondering for a while. I currently use an external 4G router and Smarty sim as the connection to my Enigma2 box with an active server. But as part of cost saving and the rare occassions where I actually use it these days, I'm looking to do away with paying for this SIM. I have Surfshark VPN and noticed that there was an enigma2 plugin for my receiver that allows me to use this on the receiver. Just tested it and it seems to work a treat. I just wondered whether using my main broadband connection and the VPN would mask any 'server connection' activity from my ISP (i.e. Ports opened, frequent ECM pinging). If this will do the job, I can do away with using the external 4G modem altogether.

I've always been paranoid about S*y Broadband given the monopoly they have on TV and sport.

Thanks

It will do yes but may slow the connection to your 'server' down as you are adding an extra step. Personally I don't bother with a VPN unless there is a reason to do so on the odd occassion,

Back