Will you be giving up wearing a face mask?

bonus2010

VIP Member
I'm reading news reports suggesting that enforced mask wearing may end on "Freedom Day", July 19th (England).

I've never worn a face mask (medical exemption) but for those of you who do, will you feel comfortable enough to stop wearing one?

I've got this impression that many I've observed actually like and love their face mask, I see them wearing them outside where there's nobody near them, and even
some, wear them alone whilst driving the car. lol

Personally ,I think I'll still try my best to observe social distancing, and I believe that should still continue. It just makes sence to me to keep away
from potentially infected people.

>>> Click here for the full report from GB News <<<

It's definitely a comfort blanket to a lot of people. I've seen people wearing them whilst driving in a car without any passengers.

Personally I'll probably keep wearing one in the supermarket as there's a lot of old people there who'll probably still wear them and me wearing a mask protects them not me. At work I'll be glad to see the back of the mask. In the pub, I dunno, might wear one if someone's dropped a stinker in the bog and I need a pee.

I'm reading news reports suggesting that enforced mask wearing may end on "Freedom Day", July 19th (England).

I've never worn a face mask (medical exemption) but for those of you who do, will you feel comfortable enough to stop wearing one?

I've got this impression that many I've observed actually like and love their face mask, I see them wearing them outside where there's nobody near them, and even
some, wear them alone whilst driving the car. lol

Personally ,I think I'll still try my best to observe social distancing, and I believe that should still continue. It just makes sence to me to keep away
from potentially infected people.

>>> Click here for the full report from GB News <<<
I’ve been reading similar me and my partner will be wearing them still has you don’t really know who has had their jab and who hasn’t but 80% of people where I live are covid idiots and haven’t wore a mask at all.
Plus my partner has copd which effects her lungs so have to be extra vigilant

Still am wearing a mask same with parents. Even getting the vaccine doesn't mean masks should be not worn now imo.

Gather when everything is lifted will be hardly anyone wearing masks.

Tbh already seeing that in lcoal corner shops and post office where people are freely going in without masks.

Their choice at the end of the day but I will keep wearing one.

When we are officially allowed to remove them them mine is gone. I wear one into the gym but remove it as soon as I'm in the changing rooms. Then back on when leaving. Some don't bother at all.

Hopefully they encourage mask wearing during the winter (just encourage not make it mandatory). As that should lower all these flu viruses and colds that go around.

The London underground is a nightmare during rush hour, I guess most other trains are too, everyones there breathing on top of each other etc.

I wont stop wearing a mask if im in close contact to people despite been double jabbed i can still catch it and pass it on. I don't think its sensible to drop the mask wearing till we see what our Freedom means to the numbers.

If it is no longer mandatory the youth wont wear them.

There is probably not much point once you have been double vaccinated as it is more to protect others, especially those people who work on the tills in the shops, more than yourself.
The sensible and responsible people have been wearing them as asked so many will probably carry on whereas the selfish and irresponsible people were not wearing them before so will not wear them. Sadly those are the very people who should be wearing them as most of them will also be antivaxxers.

I think once we are told its optional then it ain't ever going to get any better so we may as well get used to it. The people who are getting it now who are vaxed are getting it much less serious than others. I don't see a way of eradicating it completely and I'm sure I don't want another lockdown. May as well just try and get on with life.

its about 3 foot from the pub door to the nearest table, i see it as pointless for that.

in crowded areas i will 99% be wearing one (y)

Seems like the government are going down the "herd immunity" route with the removal of wearing a facemask, not sure if this is a good thing or not?

They keep saying that we will have to live with it but the WHO declared that smallpox was completely eradicated from the planet in 1980.
We eliminated TB and Polio from the UK by the end of the 60s and those diseases have only re emerged due to the mass uncontrolled immigration from Africa and the Indian Sub Continent as we do not do like the USA does and test illegal immigrants for any contagious disease on entering the UK but some genuine immigrants will also bring it in with them without being tested for it, so why can't they do like they did with smallpox as the whole world has been affected and are involved with controlling this disease ?

Its gotta go the only place I'd have to say we're people need to still wear it is on public transport.

Those trains and buses especially in the morning / work commute and worse the winter periods is an absolute breeding ground.
If I commuted on public transport I would for sure

If you feel safer and it gives you more confidence then wear a mask..it can not do any harm
In or on enclosed spaces like public transport wearing of masks should remain mandatory

I work in a supermarket, its hard wearing them all day, doing physical work, I'm not sure if we will be made to carry on wearing them after freedom day. More people have stopped wearing them already we have noticed.
I don't wear a mask in supermarkets to protect myself as I am double vaccinated and even though I do struggle a bit to breathe while wearing one, because of my emphysema, I still wear one in supermarkets to protect people like you who have to be there. I don't mind the staff not wearing a mask at the till if they are behind the screen but I wish they would stop all those, mainly ignorant and selfish teenagers, from going in in groups who never wear a mask or respect the staff.

Back