WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

Once you installed vfdcontrol did you actually configure it in MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > LED DISPLAY SETUP?
It works fine on mine.

I
I did, the time would freeze every so often, often (not always) seemed to be when an autotimer had run and may then free after, often would be hanging at say 20:00 (so perhaps it was other timers too? cron timers etc).

I have just added again and will test and report back again. I have disabled the Permanent VFD Clock in the meantime though that seems to solve it, other than the annoying flashin "0" the first difit in the earlier hours of the day.

Re the Terrestrial - the info you posted works and all sorted. I now ignore the Freeview UK option and below the SKY UK, SKY ROI etc I have a West Midlands Tuner option which I have configured and all working again.

Cheers
Rich

There is a sky lookalike skin in the plugin feeds called Blue-HD that has no bells and whistles.
If dsayers picon updater doesn't bring in the missing picons try epiconiser in the plugin feeds.
I'm either stone blind or it's not in the plugin field. I ran dsayers picon updater but still missing , its just the 4 Irish channels.

Not a big deal, build is working well.

rename them to whatever the channel name is such as virginmediaone.png.
You might have to restart the gui before they show.

1632755995918.png

Notice a couple of odd things with auto timers. Sometimes I get a conflict but with a timer that is way off any others. No reason to clash.
If I try to run the willlonbuild updates from plug-ins I am sure it prompts for an auto timer update. Maybe to 4.5, in my auto timer it says I am running 4.3.2.

The box runs update, reboots but then if I run again it’s still there and does the same. Is there an update and how should I run it? No errors show during the update.

When I run system updates/software update I get one package though if I press to view changes it lists loads of stuff, not just one item. Upgrade and reboot and then I still have that same single package after another update.

This is the willobuild updates screen, same after a reboot.

the recording issue is without any recording buffer on either start or end. I have nothing else recording Friday evening and the box decides that setting up last leg is a conflict, so is family fortunes on Sunday, again only thing around that time recording.
7CE78CEE-8063-488E-8B65-C45F3B1F6B45.jpeg

Last edited:
If you uninstall the autotimer plugin and then reinstall from the plugin browser it will be the latest version from the ViX feeds.

The update screenshot you posted is just to update python components that I have faffed about with at some point and don't get overwritten by a normal software update.
for example I have changed the EPG screen to show Record and Record Series rather than add timer or autotimer.

To update software just go to MENU > INFORMATION > ABOUT and press the yellow button.
You can view the changes before committing to the update.

If you uninstall the autotimer plugin and then reinstall from the plugin browser it will be the latest version from the ViX feeds.

The update screenshot you posted is just to update python components that I have faffed about with at some point and don't get overwritten by a normal software update.
for example I have changed the EPG screen to show Record and Record Series rather than add timer or autotimer.

To update software just go to MENU > INFORMATION > ABOUT and press the yellow button.
You can view the changes before committing to the update.
Thanks. So it probably is latest auto timer already. I will keep trying to figure it out. Thought I was on to something then!

Had a weird one last night , was watching a recording , when I pressed the volume up button a black box appeared in top of screen and playback started failing. It was almost like PIP was activated.

The recording was on another box, another tiviar alpha that ive mapped to this box.
I also have a lot of issues watching recordings , when I fast forward the playback gets stuttured and file corrupts so can't play it again without stuttering , both are on a LAN.
I think it's either that :

1./ Hardrive is not good or sectors of it, as some days it's perfect.
2../ the issue with recodings is related to where I had two shows recording in parallel.- this is what I suspect.

rename them to whatever the channel name is such as virginmediaone.png.
You might have to restart the gui before they show.

View attachment 65705
What location do they get read from.
They downloaded to the epiconiser download folder and I renamed them.

I'm guessing they should be moved to the folder "picon" on the hardrive , but when I ftp to that location I don't seem to have write permissions to copy them

I never use ftp, just put the ip address in windows explorer preceded by \\
\\192.168.0.xx

1633275670867.png

Last edited:
That worked , all the Irish channels have picons now.

Is it recommend to have the picons folder on a USB rather than on a hard drive? Thought read that somewhere before.

Back