WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

I don't bother, I have them on hdd.
I was under the impression that they get stored in ram after first loading :unsure: I know a lot of stuff does.
I could be wrong though..... there's a first time for everything :whistle:

Internal flash memory or USB stick is faster/better for Picons. This is because a mechanical HDD would have to spin up when being read. For people using If you are using timeshift, their HDD is always spinning so they are not slowed down.

EPG is what is held in RAM, and only written to storage medium/device on graceful close.

Hi can I please ask is it possible to flash willobuild image that I have set up to another H7s via usb. and if so is there a guide please, thank you

Internal flash memory or USB stick is faster/better for Picons. This is because a mechanical HDD would have to spin up when being read. For people using If you are using timeshift, their HDD is always spinning so they are not slowed down.

EPG is what is held in RAM, and only written to storage medium/device on graceful close.
I've probably not noticed the drive spinning up because I use an SSD instead of a HDD. Thanks for the clarification Abu (y)
... am I right in thinking that settings are stored in ram? Editing the settings file doesn't seem to work unless I stop enigma2 with init 4.

would you know of a guide, I did try that but Im making a mistake somewhere, Im looking to send it on a usb to someone for there box
Create an image backup using Image Manager from the ViX menu and copy the resulting zip file from the 'imagebackups' folder on one box to the same folder on the other box.
Restore using Image Manager. (Needs to be exactly the same make and model receiver).

Create an image backup using Image Manager from the ViX menu and copy the resulting zip file from the 'imagebackups' folder on one box to the same folder on the other box.
Restore using Image Manager. (Needs to be exactly the same make and model receiver).
Yes they are the exact same box, can it be done using a usb thank you

Yes, just extract the zip image to a fat32 formatted usb stick.
Power the box on with the usb inserted and at the same time hold the little button under the front flap until FLSH appears on the display.

... am I right in thinking that settings are stored in ram? Editing the settings file doesn't seem to work unless I stop enigma2 with init 4.

Not 100% sure if it is always in RAM or reloaded when certain actions are done . But that has always been the case that you have to init 4, edit, init 3 if manually altering things

Yes, just extract the zip image to a fat32 formatted usb stick.
Power the box on with the usb inserted and at the same time hold the little button under the front flap until FLSH appears on the display.
Morning willo, I done a backup image with image manager too the hdd, I extracted the zip file and copied the zgemma folder to a formated usb, it didn't flash, it done flash for 10 sec then the box booted up. Would it be the usb I'm using ? Thank you

Format with the attached utility.

After extracting there should be a folder named zgemma on the stick.

Attachments

• Preparing Flash Drives.zip
    618.2 KB · Views: 4
Down arrow press from live tv is suddenly taking me to the last scanned bouquet.

In this instance I guess the tv was last on Ch4 104. Using the sky tv provider. Instead of bringing me to the entertainment section at channel 4, I land at the same channel on the last scanned.
Must be a setting but any idea which?

Attachments

• 07AA9EC0-A6FA-47BC-B008-938C378FDF66.jpeg
    07AA9EC0-A6FA-47BC-B008-938C378FDF66.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Don't know why that's happening :unsure: The down button hasn't been changed by me and is left as default.
I've just done a fresh flash and working as expected here:

1634061060372.png

Cheers Willo. It is intermittent, happens after a while but not sure what that while is. Maybe a few hours or perhaps first time after the box has done it’s daily channel scan. Will keep an eye on it.

Probably something I have changed thinking it was something else. I think I need to reflash as lost the auto timers today too from the timers menu though it shows as being something I can remove but currently the plug-ins are offline at the moment so a total reflash might be the way toward. And not restore settings incase my issue comes back from my settings backup.

Had power outage .
My recordings have vanished from the box now, I updated with Vix. I didn't have many on this box , but dont know what happened, is there any tips to debug , I've been browsing the log files.

More likely the drive isn't mounted as /media/hdd.
Try a full reboot and check the mount:

MENU > SETUP > VIX > MOUNT MANAGER

I don't have satellite but have a relative who does and is not tech savvy. They have a Tiviar Alpha Plus and I have an openatv image on it which is no longer supported. Anyway would the luddite relative be able to work this? Also I purchased one of those 1TB AV hard drives and would like to enable permanent timeshift for him.

As I said I don't have satellite so have a very basic knowledge of this stuff. I know how to use Putty and a bit of linux but the relative doesn't have broadband! Would there be a offline install or I might just have to bring the box to my place. Of course it would be awkward to update it I suppose.

Back