WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

Program guide (EPG) wouldn’t populate on satellite without internet connection I don’t think? So may be game over on that alone. Probably ok to set up offsite then run but no way of knowing what is on.

Probably easier to set it up at your place with putty.
The EPG will update via OpenTV EPG Zapper and no problem enabling timeshift with a 1tb drive.

My mother in law has a H2S with no internet and it works fine.

Hey Willo, I have reflashed my H7, restored your settings, your plugins, then gone about my own settings without restoring those. When I have an autotimer running, the clock on display sticks, when the autotimer ends or is stopped it catches up.

This is after setting the second sat tuner to 28.2 and enabling the DVBT third tuner. Changing to Onyx skin and checking for software updates. Only other things I have done is set the number of lines showing on the EPG and hiding the bouqets I dont want.

I did it twice and it happened each time. Any ideas what it can be?

The clock on the main screen is right, just the box display thats hanging during recordings. Going to try a third flash and see if the autotimer thing happens when i do a certain part of my setting up but welcome any suggestions of what it could be?

Will have to give it a good coat of looking at.
All my boxes are in cupboards or the loft so never look at the clock.
Have you tried it on plain vix?

UPDATE - just reflashed again, not changed anything at all this time and its done the same thing. Setup an autotimer for gadget show and the onscreen time is now 7.49 whilst the front of box is 7.47

What box is it Rich?
If you have multiboot then just flash ViX from the Image Manager.
It will ask which partition to flash.

What box is it Rich?
If you have multiboot then just flash ViX from the Image Manager.
It will ask which partition to flash.
Its the H7 so that sounds doable. Never tried the multiboot though so new learning, I just now flashed back to the backup I made earlier today so will have a look how to do it. I only saw the option to flash my backup though. Should I download the clean vix image somehow and then have the option to flash that to a second boot ?

Currently flashing to slot 2. seems fairly logical. :)

Clean vix seemed to work when autotimer set, clock carried on ticking. But so far from my comfort zone knowing how to make the box look and feel like I want it. I think I may just buy a digital clock to put in front of the zgemma LOL

Last edited:
I take it you found the download button in Image Manager then?
I will try and dig a H7 out tomorrow and see if I can replicate it.

Did you look at front panel settings in MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE

Installing vfdcontrol from systemplugins gives you the option to have the clock permanently.
It gives you an extra 'LED settings' in the front panel settings.

Yes I tried the vfd and enabled it in the settings but it kept the ‘stuck’ clock. It can’t be picking something up from the ssd that’s in there can it? If I put the child on and don’t change any settings then I get the same as you get right?

It has been doing it a while though I did solve it temporarily by some combination of the vfdcontrol and permanentclock but not tonight. The reinstall stopped my artificial fix from fixing it. Very odd, only other thing to try is wipe the ssd completely, but lots of recordings and didn’t think it would make any difference anyway?

I tried this morning deleting all old backup items off the SSD just in case, re-flashed again, added all of my alterations (skins, number of rows in EPG etc, my network mounts, HDMICEC settings, IPTV) did a back up so I can get back to there easily, added an autotimer and immediately is was freezing the clock. I am in your hands to play and debug Willo. I can get back to this mornings good setup (bar the clock thing) now.

Separate note - I preferred the openvix/willobuild blue on black background, how do I roll that back instead of the white on black lady.

When I have an autotimer running, the clock on display sticks, when the autotimer ends or is stopped it catches up.
So it does :unsure:
Will just flash plain ViX to find out if it's me or not.

No it's not the build, it does it on plain ViX as well.

Installing vfdcontrol from System Plugins and enabling 'clock always' in LED Settings cures it in plain ViX. Will try it on my build.

1634202117285.png

The above also works on my build. Make sure you restart GUI after enabling it.
I will change the bootlogo back to blue/black.... yours is the 2nd complaint :cry: ... boring sods! :LOL:

1634202541036.jpeg

Last edited:
Will go and add the VFDcontrol again, maybe I hadn't rebooted after adding last night.. I like it, not sure about Mrs S and my boys eyes nearly popped out LOL

Spot on, thats working. time in sync whilst Autotimer is running

Last edited:
This is a stupid question , but , what's best way to update the build if already on 5.4, is it from the updater in the plugin tools or via Putty.

And will the configuration mods I made be retained , such as:
Switching of PIP

MENU > INFORMATION > ABOUT > YELLOW BUTTON

The updater just updates files that I have modified in the build that have been overwritten by ViX updates.

I haven't actually put Huevos' mod for PiP mode in the updater yet because as far as I know there is only me and you affected by it.

I have added the modified version to my feeds though.
Just uninstall OpenTV EPG Zapper in system plugins from the 'remove plugins' screen and then reinstall enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-opentvzapper_6.00_all from the 'Install Plugins' screen and restart GUI.

I don't have satellite but have a relative who does and is not tech savvy. They have a Tiviar Alpha Plus and I have an openatv image on it which is no longer supported. Anyway would the luddite relative be able to work this? Also I purchased one of those 1TB AV hard drives and would like to enable permanent timeshift for him.

As I said I don't have satellite so have a very basic knowledge of this stuff. I know how to use Putty and a bit of linux but the relative doesn't have broadband! Would there be a offline install or I might just have to bring the box to my place. Of course it would be awkward to update it I suppose.
Relative is unhappy with me! LOL. Firstly I enabled timeshift but they started getting the following message:
Creating hardlink to Timeshift file failed!
The Filesystem on your Timeshift-Device does not support hardlinks
Make sure it is formatted in EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4!

[Errno 17] File exists

I could have sworn it was already EXT4 before I installed WillowBuild. I tried to format it again by going to "initialise device" and I got another different error umount/device in use error. got the same umount error when I tried to do a file system check. Anyway I disabled timeshift and that error has obviously gone away.

The second and real issue is that they have said on two occasions when they went to change channel they were left with just the Irish channels and all the others were greyed out. They rebooted and it was fine. But the relative is stressed and wants to go back to the old OpenATV image I had on there (which is a tad demoralising). Might have something to do with me doing a scan when I enabled timeshift that day.

Last edited:
Back