WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

I assumed that very few people were using the old boxes now, particularly because they don't work for IPTV.

I used to build standalone images for the H2H, which could be used on all the H2 series and an image for the H5 which could be used on all the H5 series.
I was also hosting feeds for both images.
When the server renewal price came through I decided not to bother because I thought no-one was using it. (based on donations towards server costsView attachment 90629 )
This is the one old but very good and the iptv is stable thanks for a great build it will be staying on the h2 I've a zgemma h9se twin turned up a couple days ago and it seems to have slots is there a particular way this box has to have willo installed so I don't over right it all, like is there an image I can put on USB to flash thanks

Attachments

• 20230519_180649.jpg
    20230519_180649.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
Where does the code go? I will give it a try next week when I'm back from hols.
In "openvix-enigma2.bbappend" . Append file in the local folder with the other appends. You can probably add one of the childC skins too. I have edited my post and removed the USB DVB-t tuners and enigmalight dependencies. For softcams, people can install the not-so-secret feeds and install what is build directly instead of a forked version. I have yet to set up and OEA 5.3 environment. Let me see if I can set off an H2H build on 5.2 branch.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays

This is the one old but very good and the iptv is stable thanks for a great build it will be staying on the h2 I've a zgemma h9se twin turned up a couple days ago and it seems to have slots is there a particular way this box has to have willo installed so I don't over right it all, like is there an image I can put on USB to flash thanks
If it's a ViX supported box you can just flash it with the putty script. You must have storage mounted first.

If it's a ViX supported box you can just flash it with the putty script. You must have storage mounted first.
Oh storage mounted do you mean like USB hdd or more down the line of partitions of the flash, that's why I was hoping there was a USB image then I could use the flash to slot 1,2,3,4 at boot time and thought that way the box would use the right mounts I'm not good with scripting or messing with flash mounts but love to learn, if you can point me to any content I will read and learn it, so if anything pops to mind please feel free to link/direct me
Thanks for your work it's appreciated

Oh storage mounted do you mean like USB hdd or more down the line of partitions of the flash, that's why I was hoping there was a USB image then I could use the flash to slot 1,2,3,4 at boot time and thought that way the box would use the right mounts I'm not good with scripting or messing with flash mounts but love to learn, if you can point me to any content I will read and learn it, so if anything pops to mind please feel free to link/direct me
Thanks for your work it's appreciated
Keep a usb mounted in the box at all times its paramount when flashing boxes and extra memory. Mount the usb then run wilobuild as per instructions link below.

WilloBuild OpenViX 6.3 Series

USB flashing is not the same as it used to be if you have a recovery menu. You don't really need a usb at all unless you're wiping the box and starting over.
Flashing with putty is easy enough and you can also choose which partition to flash.

So I could send the command via telnet sorry for what might be silly question but I'm I right in thinking slot 1-4 is partition 1-4 at the min slot 1 is openatv so was going to put your build in slot 2 upon running your command/script will it ask me which slot I want sda2 or whatever or do I need somevextra commands to use also what's the difference of an image that ends .sse my box just says its a zgemma h9 twin se but looking around there seems to be a couple of types of this box maybe using different images not that that should be an issue with yours, thanks once again

Login to your box with putty.

username = root
password = whatever you have set in network password settings

paste the install script.

select make of box
select model of box
select partition to flash

Go to the standby/shutdown menu and select multiboot option and reboot to partition 2

Restore settings and plugins when prompted.

Set your region in AutoBouquetsmaker providers and scan for channels.
EPG will populate automatically for sat channels.

username = root

select make of box
select model of box

Go to the standby/shutdown menu and select multiboot option and reboot to partition 2

It's all in your setup guide

username = root

select make of box
select model of box

Thank you very much will do

It's all in your setup guide
Nope it not, the guide only tells you how to flashvan image off USB so no nothing like thus in the guide that came with mine I've just double checked, unless your reference is to some other guide online or something if so send me link pls would be interesting to read but if your talking about the manual your wrong, unless you got a better one than me 🤣

Nope it not, the guide only tells you how to flashvan image off USB so no nothing like thus in the guide that came with mine I've just double checked, unless your reference is to some other guide online or something if so send me link pls would be interesting to read but if your talking about the manual your wrong, unless you got a better one than me 🤣
In the willobuild guide.

Flashing by usb isn't commonplace now, the box downloads the image itself, all very technical

Thank didn't see this till now maybe had to refresh or I missed it so that's the guide you on about sorry
It goes to other tread i started at and the blue full instructions button does not work I see it try to open new window then closed straight away but maybe phone is blocking it will have to get pc fired up.

I built a Vix 6.4 image for the H2H. The box does not support 1080 skins. There could be some configure.ac and other E2 changes required, as it is more sluggish during the wizard compared to running ATV 7.3 or PLI developer images. If you slect a 1080 skin, it locks up and you have to manually edit the file or reflash. Was fine for viewing TV.

I have flashed ATV 7.3 back on to it and put it back in its box. It is fine for viewing TV.

Which folder in system is xe plugin, I'm using it for my iptv and would like to back it up for a new box I'm setting up instead of bugging my provider to add new box it would be nice if I could back it up and move it to another box

Which folder in system is xe plugin, I'm using it for my iptv and would like to back it up for a new box I'm setting up instead of bugging my provider to add new box it would be nice if I could back it up and move it to another box
I may be wrong here but with xe or xeaio is it not tied to mac address on the stb hopefully some of more knowledgeable members that use it can help

I may be wrong here but with xe or xeaio is it not tied to mac address on the stb hopefully some of more knowledgeable members that use it can help
There is a method on E2 boxes you can keep the existing code not sure how as never used XE but i have read it on here more than once.

There is a method on E2 boxes you can keep the existing code not sure how as never used XE but i have read it on here more than once.
I'm thinking it's not tied to mac as my sub let's me use it on as many devices as I like as long as it only one at a time or it will just freeze other very clever, oh then again suppose I did actually ask him to activate the boxes, so yeah still a possibility the mac does come into play but that I would hope wouldn't stop us as it's not hard to change the mac of a box, just try to find the files holding the important stuff to move over and change mac to that of org box, but check with suppliers first to make sure they don't have issue with that.

Back