WilloBuild

Some places will sell boxes with image of choice on boxes i prefare openvix.
Flashing boxes are usually by usb fat32 formatted.
Mounting usb or hdd for recording are done later to ext3-ext4

Some places will sell boxes with image of choice on boxes i prefare openvix.
Flashing boxes are usually by usb fat32 formatted.
Mounting usb or hdd for recording are done later to ext3-ext4
Me too mate, even though we only had a brief affair before box screwed up on me lol
Oh, and which new pen should i order 2.0 or 3.0 ?

Last edited:
Well new h92s is due to arrive Tomorrow and i have to say i`m not looking forward to flashing it lol. I`ve got my memory stick ready and formatted by using bootice, what i need to know is this, if you`ve read all of this thread you`ll know what i mean ! when i first flash willobuild and follow the on screen prompts to set up etc, when i have done all that do i do a software update ? The reason i ask that is this, when i flashed the now bricked h9s it just installed the bare bones openvix not giving me the option of restoring to willobuild, i can`t remember if it was by doing the software update that gave me the option of updating to willobuild, and unless i have missed it in willo`s instructions i don`t see it mentioned to run a software update ? I`m just worried that this new box may end up like the h9s lol.

Cheers
Tez

Well new h92s is due to arrive Tomorrow and i have to say i`m not looking forward to flashing it lol. I`ve got my memory stick ready and formatted by using bootice, what i need to know is this, if you`ve read all of this thread you`ll know what i mean ! when i first flash willobuild and follow the on screen prompts to set up etc, when i have done all that do i do a software update ? The reason i ask that is this, when i flashed the now bricked h9s it just installed the bare bones openvix not giving me the option of restoring to willobuild, i can`t remember if it was by doing the software update that gave me the option of updating to willobuild, and unless i have missed it in willo`s instructions i don`t see it mentioned to run a software update ? I`m just worried that this new box may end up like the h9s lol.

Cheers
Tez
Read through willows guide on how to flash your box and follow exactly what it says

To flash online you must have storage mounted as /media/hdd and preferably formatted as ext4 R/W

If you're flashing by usb then the stick needs to be fat32 and you plug your storage drive in after it has flashed.
I always power the box off when flashing completes and swap the drives over and then power on.

ViX 5.3 has been released today, you can still flash using the online method but I haven't had time to fully sort it so you won't be prompted to restore a backup.
Just exit out of all the setup shennanigans and MENU > SETUP > VIX > BACKUP MANAGER and restore my settings from there.

To flash online you must have storage mounted as /media/hdd and preferably formatted as ext4 R/W

If you're flashing by usb then the stick needs to be fat32 and you plug your storage drive in after it has flashed.
I always power the box off when flashing completes and swap the drives over and then power on.

ViX 5.3 has been released today, you can still flash using the online method but I haven't had time to fully sort it so you won't be prompted to restore a backup.
Just exit out of all the setup shennanigans and MENU > SETUP > VIX > BACKUP MANAGER and restore my settings from there.
My preferred method of flash is by running your script, ( online ) but the have memory stick i have for use is formatted using bootice. My question therefore is how can i mount it before i have the box flashed willo ?

My preferred method of flash is by running your script, ( online ) but the have memory stick i have for use is formatted using bootice. My question therefore is how can i mount it before i have the box flashed willo ?

You can't. Do you only have one usb stick?

You can't. Do you only have one usb stick?
Yes just the one willo, Toshiba Transmemory 8gb. So it seems this is obviously where i have been going wrong and not flashing via usb lol. Would you be so kind as to tell me how i can get script on to memory stick please mate, i can only see the terminal method ?

Last edited:
Back