Windows 11 Windows 11 Upgrade?

Does seem this OS version could be the best since Windows 7 with the look, design, features etc.

But the requirements to run it seems a bit of a pess take.

they reckon if your computer is older than 2016 then your machine will not have the TPM 2.0 which is the most recent version required.

to check you have got tpm 2.0 on yor computer just pres windows key and R onyour keyboard then type tpm.msc in the box that opens and press ok it will tell you if your pc has tpm 2.0 and also let you know if it is switched on or off

if you go to the manufacterer who made your computer for example dell there mi9ght be an update you will have to check

this is what you have to do on the dell site might be the same on other manufacterers sites for updating tpm

To confirm that your system can update to TPM firmware version 2.0:

1. Go to the Dell product support page.
  2. Enter your Service TAG or select your model number from our product list.
  3. Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab.
  4. Select Security from the drop-down category box.
  5. Look for Dell TPM 2.0 Firmware update utility.

You can just bypass all the checks so why worry.

Method 1: Create your own installation media
The steps necessary to remove the "Secure Boot" and "TPM 2.0" requirements error when attempting to install Windows 11 Consumer Preview
  1. Obtain the newest available Windows 10 ISO from Micro$0ft;
  2. Already have made your Windows 11 USB Installer using Rufus;
  3. Mount Windows 10 ISO;
  4. Find and locate the folder named Sources on the mounted ISO;
  5. Copy all of the files in the Sources folder of the mounted ISO except for install.wim/install.esd;
  6. Navigate to the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer that you have previously created in your File Manager;
  7. Open the Sources folder on the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer;
  8. Paste the previously copied contents/files from the Sources folder on the mounted Win 10 ISO to the Sources folder of the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer, and make sure to replace the files present in the Windows 11 USB Installer Sources folder;
  9. Boot from Windows 11 USB Installer;
  10. Profit from not having the requirements of Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 being enabled in place.

Method 2: Modify Registry
The method involves simply editing Windows Registry during the installation process of the new operating system. On unsupported devices, if a user try to install the new OS, a message will appear on the screen stating that the computer is not compatible.
At that screen, a user need to press Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt window and modify the registry. In Command Prompt, user need to run regedit.exe and create a new key “LabConfig” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup. In the "LabConfig" key, create two new entries:

BypassTPMCheck=dword:00000001
BypassSecureBootCheck=dword:00000001

Save the changes and then hit the back arrow at the top left of the screen, then click next.. compatibility errors will disappear.
Otherwise, user can also create a .reg file with the following line of code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig]
“BypassTPMCheck”=dword:00000001
“BypassSecureBootCheck”=dword:00000001

Save this as (.reg) file in a USB drive and perform a clean installation of Windows 11 when it is officially released. During the installation process, press Shift + F10 and type notepad and hit enter.
In Notepad, open the file menu and locate and apply the reg file. This will bypass the TPM+SecureBoot requirements.

Method 3: Replace appraiserres.dll
To avoid setup TPM error, a user must download the appraiserres.dll on the website dllme.com or from the Windows 10 ISO image and exchange it with the one in the "sources" folder of the Windows 11 iso image..

ok thats fine so what your saying is that using the methods you have stated you can still put win 11 on a computer that does NOT have TPM am i correct and it wont mess my computer up as my motherboard does not have tpm on to update

same here as i have been told that if tpm is not on your computer that you have to buy an updated computer or new one so dont know who to believe here dont want to do all the above then computer is knackerd and cant use it

same here as i have been told that if tpm is not on your computer that you have to buy an updated computer or new one so dont know who to believe here dont want to do all the above then computer is knackerd and cant use it
As long as you have a UEFI BIOS you should be fine but it's the CPU compatibility as well you should be wary of as they're only going back about 3 generations according to the specs.

If you have one of the compatible processors then there should be an option to switch TPM 2.0 on (as the "module" is on the CPU and not the motherboard). It's big OEM manufacturers that normally lock out features on the motherboard which is why the workaround as mentioned previously will work.

What CPU is installed in your system, do you know?

my computer is a dell xps 8300 desktop but i got it in 2011 cpu is intel core i7-2600 3.40gh, 8gb memory

Last edited:
As long as you have a UEFI BIOS you should be fine but it's the CPU compatibility as well you should be wary of as they're only going back about 3 generations according to the specs.

If you have one of the compatible processors then there should be an option to switch TPM 2.0 on (as the "module" is on the CPU and not the motherboard). It's big OEM manufacturers that normally lock out features on the motherboard which is why the workaround as mentioned previously will work.

What CPU is installed in your system, do you know?
my computer is a dell xps 8300 desktop but i got it in 2011 cpu is intel core i7-2600 3.40gh,8mb

I built a decent i7 PC a couple of years ago with a 7th Generation 7700k CPU. Not good enough for Microsoft it seems. MB is decent and has Secure boot and TPM all enabled. We are going into a year where the COPS26 conference is taking place and all sorts of Carbon Net Zero aspects are being discussed. Come on Microsoft 6th & 7th generation PCs are NOT old, you need to reduce the requirements as I am not sure the CPU requirements can be circumvented, unless anyone knows better.

here is a link to github who have brought a new program out to check your computer you computer has to be win 8.1 or above though WhyNotWin11
scroll down to bottom of page and there is a stable release and a testing release

Back