Windows 7: Endless reboots cause problems for users

hadmad

VIP Member

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 07:08 AM PDT

Following on from the worldwide rollout of Microsoft’s newest operating system, Windows 7, it has been reported that many users are suffering from problems, relating to endless automatic reboots during the upgrade process.

As reported from Computer World, the problem is occuring during the upgrade process from Windows Vista to Windows 7. According to messages on the official support boards, some problems cause the Windows 7 installation to ‘hang’ two-thirds through the upgrade.

Others have reported that they have received messages which states that their upgrade had been unsuccessful and that Vista would be restored.

It is thought that Microsoft are aware of the problem as one engineer has labelled the issue as an ‘isolated problem’. Let us know if you have been experiencing similar problems during your upgrade.

More details over at Computer World.

Windows 7 upgrade paralyzes some PCs with endless reboots

Windows 7 - Install Message - Upgrade Unsuccessful

It rebooted a couple of times during my upgrade. But it had told me that at the beginning of the upgrade.
I love it (y)

Been using Windows 7 Ultimate for nearly a month now, have had no issues whatsoever.

Glad I moved across from Vista.

is it worth changing from xp pro, and is there a way of going back if i change?

i will be keeping a computer on xp for a long time yet and tbh i would not change just for the sake of change if its not broke dont fix it

Back