Windows 7: Four reasons to upgrade, four reasons to stay away

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
The release of Windows 7 to manufacturing begins a tale of two operating systems: the one you want and the one you don't. It is packed with improvements and cool stuff, but it still carries a whiff of Vista that may put XP diehards off. That said, people who have gotten used to Vista will enjoy the fact that Windows 7 looks the same but acts a whole lot better.

Like many people who compute both at home and at work, I use XP and Vista as well as Mac OS X Leopard, and I like elements of all three. So I've been watching the beta and RC versions of Windows 7 very closely. Does the final "release to manufacturing" (RTM) code -- the same code that will ship with new PCs and retail versions of Windows 7 in October -- merit a jump from any of my current platforms?

Well, yes and no.

I highly recommend those who are considering the upgrade, read the full article HERE

I can see it being more difficult for an XP user to get used to Windows7. Having been using Vista, i found Windows 7 to be faster, more efficient, and minus some of the great negatives that are inherent to Vista.

All in all, i can see some of the authors points both positive and negative; but must say that thus far i'm loving Windows 7.

It does definitely take some getting used to, as my primary is XP. But like you said 7th, I am liking it quiet a bit right now. I must say however, that when the RC expires I don't know if I will make the purchase or not. The price tag, even for the upgrade version, is awfully steep to me. Especially, when XP is working so well for me. I guess that I will cross that bridge when we get there ;)

i think ill be losing vista and moving to 7 but my main computer will staying xp for a long time yet

Back