Windows 7 Windows 7 Original OS

faiz030

Hi All ,

I have recently got a 64 bit laptop ,I need 32 bit os now ? Anyidea how can i do it and keep my os still original ? i.e. i need no pirated os .

Cheers,
Faiz S

Your laptop supports 64bit but you want 32bit version of windows is that what your saying?

If you have an actual dvd to install windows 7, then as far as i know both 32bit and 64bit versions are on the dvd and your product key should activate either.

Last edited:
Actually i have not been given any DVD for windows OS when buying this laptop (The OS was pre installed ), That is what my problem is , If i want to install a 32 bit os of the same edition how would i do it ? Should i be talking to the dealer where i got the laptop from and ask him for the os ? Where will have the product key ?

Actually i have not been given any DVD for windows OS when buying this laptop (The OS was pre installed ), That is what my problem is , If i want to install a 32 bit os of the same edition how would i do it ? Should i be talking to the dealer where i got the laptop from and ask him for the os ? Where will have the product key ?

Where did you purchase the laptop from?

The product key you can find with a program called Magic Jelly Bean Key Finder.

It will show you the product key that is currently being used on the system. Once you find this key, make a note of it for future reference. How much RAM do you have on the laptop? If its anything above 4GB then I don't recommend installing a 32bit OS as any RAM above 3/4GB will not be used.

Manufacturers normally do not provide install discs anymore as they pre-configure a recovery partition on to the laptop. Most manufacturers that I know of..

There are plenty of free product key finder programs to use out there, magical jelly bean is one for example, the store you bought it from won't give you diddly squat, you'll have to resort to other measures without me saying directly and just use your product key when you've reinstalled.
Are you having problems running 64 bit that you want to change?

HTC Desire S~Tapatalk

What exactly are you looking to achieve?

Windows 7 64bit also supports 32bit.

If for example you have some 32bit program you wish to use? go ahead and install it & it should work fine.

Windows 7 64bit has two "Program Files" folders, one is "Program Files" which holds all your 64bit programs and the other is "Program Files (x86)" which holds all your 32bit installations.

If your issue is driver related? & you can't source a Win 7 driver, Try the equivalent Vista driver if one is available.

Back