Windows 7 Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper Changer

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
For any of you that got stuck with Windows 7 Starter Edition (especially Netbook owners) You will no doubt have found out that it doesn't allow you to change the wallpaper among other little annoyances :boo:

windows 7 starter and the fact that you cant change the desktop background by default really got under my skin.

Do they expect you to get so sick of looking at the dull preset wallpaper in the hope that you might go out and buy a copy of Home Premium? :boo:

Well we can't be having that, right? :p

For anyone looking to sort this issue out here's the solution

Note: You must have your wallpaper in .jpg or .jpeg format otherwise IT WILL NOT WORK!

It's very easy to use, just make sure you use a jpg or jpeg wallpaper. For any noobs out there who are not sure how to get a jpg or jpeg wallpaper? just go to google images search and type in wallpaper jpg or wallpaper jpeg.

Download And Run This File:

I can confirm it works perfectly on Windows 7 Starter Edition and is clean (Infection Free).

Enjoy!

-

Last edited:
Brilliant G, Rach has this on her net book and drove me mad a few months ago searching on the thing on how to change the wallpaper,

until I realised and seen you could'nt in her version of windows, this should keep her happy ;)

Last edited:
Brilliant G, Rach has this on her net book and drove me mad a few months ago searching on the thing on how to change the wallpaper,

What!!!!

You mean to say you never posted that question on TechKings? :no no: roflmao

Enjoy! lol

-

Cheers Gman, have a Samsung N210 with Windows 7 Starter on their, and just recently upgraded it to Windows 7 Professional. Not sure if its me but i have seen a slight difference in poorer performance when upgrading, pretty sure a RAM upgrade will sort that out, but i think i'll be going back to starter edition?

LOL! I just read what wrote in the previous paragraph and asked myself "Are you freakin mad, what are you saying?!"

Might be reverting back to starter edition, pretty sure there is a way? Havent deleted any services packs or any updates so pretty sure i may be able to do a roll back.

Either way, its a great tweak, cheers mate. (y)

You mean to say you never posted that question on TechKings?

I know me bad lol

ahhhh she had me head wrecked that particular day with wanting to use her pics her friends and herself take at parties etc as a wallpaper :dunno:

Just installed it on her wee netbook lol and works a treat G ;)

I remember posting in the Rant Room on an issue I took up with Maplin Electronics regarding the way they advertise their Netbooks with Windows 7 Starter. They only say Windows 7 so I challenged them at the time & got them to change the advertisement to reflect the fact it was only Windows 7 Starter. My post in the Rant Room appears to have been deleted unfortunately, but these are the screen shots of their advert before & after I plagued them lol

maplinbeforerant.jpg

maplinafterrant.jpg

Most, if not all retailers\e-tailers go out of their way to omit the word "STARTER" when giving the Specs on their Netbooks shipping with Win 7 and you can see why?

There are many restrictions in Windows 7 Starter Edition such as

Wallpaper change - Restriction

Taskbar - Restriction

Number of allowed open pages\Applications - Restriction

Some network\Streaming - Restrictions

It just goes on and on......

Both myself & my daughter have Netbooks for travel purposes but both of them are happilly working away on XP with one Gig of RAM & no restrictions (y)

-

I would update the link jodav, but I am unsure as to what program was originally posted. Perhaps Gman can get it squared away. THanks for letting us know.

Back