Windows 8 windows 8 hate it!

ian597

bought a laptop with win 8 on it and i cant stand it. it is one of the worst operating systems ive seen . people slag vista well there in for a shock what a nightmare. anybody know how i can scrub it and put win 7 on it. ive noticed the format isnt ntsf thats how im askin win 7 wont load on it had a look at hard drive and its saying its formatted to elf or something like that

I was the same when i got windows 8 now i know how it works i love it, just say on the desktop that's the same as windows 7. good luck

bought a laptop with win 8 on it and i cant stand it. it is one of the worst operating systems ive seen . people slag vista well there in for a shock what a nightmare. anybody know how i can scrub it and put win 7 on it. ive noticed the format isnt ntsf thats how im askin win 7 wont load on it had a look at hard drive and its saying its formatted to elf or something like that

Download and install Start Menu 8.

It will give you back your start button and let you boot to the desktop among other things.

Right click on the start button, select Settings and configure StartMenu8 to your likings ... bid farewell to the Metro start screen you hate so much and boot right to the desktop, disable the annoying hot corners and sidebar, etc.

Code:
http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php#none

sorry i don't know all the technical stuff about windows 8, i was only trying to help with the limited knowledge i have got, did not want to offend anyone. i apologize i am a very poor amateur, i will try not to let it happen again, thanks for putting me in my place. hope this ok.

It will give you back your start button and let you boot to the desktop among other things.

To make it windows 7 again lol.

sorry i don't know all the technical stuff about windows 8, i was only trying to help with the limited knowledge i have got, did not want to offend anyone. i apologize i am a very poor amateur, i will try not to let it happen again, thanks for putting me in my place. hope this ok.

Don't apologies Jimbo there is nothing wrong with your post, Gman was just helping the thread maker with some advice and nothing was aimed at you sir. (y)

Nobody was putting you in your place jimbo, you are more than welcome to voice your opinion here and there was nothing wrong with your contribution at all. If you have experience with or indeed an opinion on a particular subject? please feel free to continue to comment, that's what forums are for (y)

Download and install Start Menu 8.

Right click on the start button, select Settings and configure StartMenu8 to your likings ... bid farewell to the Metro start screen you hate so much and boot right to the desktop, disable the annoying hot corners and sidebar, etc.

Code:
http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php#none

I tried StartMenu8, but I am actually using and more fond of Classic Shell

Code:
[url=http://www.classicshell.net/]Welcome to Classic Shell[/url]

thanks for all your post but gave in and sent it back i was finding it hard but not as hard as the missus did i sat and pissed myself laffing for hour with her trying to get the hang off it lol.

What is it you like about it over the others ferg?

I would have to sit and think about it as I only used the other for a day before I decided to try something else, but part of it was cosmetics. As it is on an HTPC, I have all my icons in the taskbar set to large, but the orb for startmenu 8 would never resize to match the others. Looked silly sitting there alongside the other icons and while that is not a huge deal to most, it irritated me. If I can think of and remember some other things I will post back.

that is not a huge deal to most, it irritated me

And rightly so ferg, you want things the way they suit you, we are all the same, like I said, the shell put me totally off simple as lol We humans are a strange breed ;)

I think xp is great and windows 7 but windows 8 will take some getting used to.

Initially I hated Windows 8 but after tweaking it and getting used to doing things differently I now think its ok. I dont think it is an improvement over Windows 7.

I found windows 8 a very good operating system because it gives you more than windows 7, in regards with apps!

Back