Windows virus pop up warning

cactikid

VIP Member
W10 getting notification from microsoft of a severe virus , yet doing an offline scan reveals nothing.
Updates are current and only warning triangle i have is for Ransomware
Any thoughts

W10 getting notification from microsoft of a severe virus , yet doing an offline scan reveals nothing.
Updates are current and only warning triangle i have is for Ransomware
Any thoughts
Install malwarebytes and run a scan and it will tell you whether you have anything going on.
Malware isn't always picked up by online scans as it's neither a virus nor a Trojan

Doesn't the w10 warning have a more info link/button you can press for details of what it thinks is the virus?

I'd try ccleaner too if what's mentioned above doesn't work. Delete any new browser extensions too.

Normally i can read whats on the pop up and investigate but vanishes and no record on Defender as a warning yet it was defender that popped up the warning.

I did start a scan with malwarebytes but never finished it as thought Defender scan more important but will do another scan to check.

Crap cleaner removed my genuine windows code and never ran it again on any pc.

Not aware of any new Extensions on Opera but glasses on my nose i can also miss.

Normally i can read whats on the pop up and investigate but vanishes and no record on Defender as a warning yet it was defender that popped up the warning.

I did start a scan with malwarebytes but never finished it as thought Defender scan more important but will do another scan to check.

Crap cleaner removed my genuine windows code and never ran it again on any pc.

Not aware of any new Extensions on Opera but glasses on my nose i can also miss.
you do not even need windows 10 key if machine has already been activated

Previous it was W7 and ccleaner steals info according to Google
Malware clear
Avast free downloaded and scanned clear.
Google tells lies. Oh! and Avast is shite.:ROFLMAO: You should do as the boss man says and use Ccleaner. Then run AV and malware software.

I upgraded Malwarebytes from free to premium and ran another scam all clear.

Went back into Defender and switched off ransomware notification and the warning triangle is now gone and green tick is now there.

What Facebook has my info omg , now thats very worrying as 20k posts of shite here and how many on Facebook unknown and give them a bigger headache.

Think the warning has gone as might be a notification bug.

Facebook is a bit behind with current info

What Facebook has my info omg , now thats very worrying as 20k posts of shite here and how many on Facebook unknown and give them a bigger headache.

Ccleaner takes a tiny amount of your info in comparison to Facebook. That's the point I was making. You'd be surprised at how much Facebook can see on a user's machine/phone etc when you install their apps. Either way hopefully you're sorted now.

I always run Eset and also Trend Micro free online one off scan and scan in safe mode. I do it every few weeks regardless.
They normally pick up any no nasties

Ccleaner takes a tiny amount of your info in comparison to Facebook. That's the point I was making. You'd be surprised at how much Facebook can see on a user's machine/phone etc when you install their apps. Either way hopefully you're sorted now.
Gave up on Ccleaner a few years back even it ended up as adware but also in the wrong hands can do more damage if you do not know what to select when scanning :confused: :ROFLMAO:

Back