Windows XP Windows XP countdown clock ticks under 500 days

I joined the "present" a couple of weeks ago too Ally, I knew it was a good system and quicker than XP, just could never be bothered until the updates ran out.

I have 3 machines going full time here
1xXP
1x7
1x8.1

Of course I do all my banking on the XP machine lol ..... Maybe that's why I've no money left!!! :leaving:

The Friday, I know, I'm on holiday the 22nd (y)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well its been a while, Hello to all. After saving my hard earned pennies I finally plucked up the courage to ditch my old XP and now am the proud owner of an all singing and dancing brand new system running W8.
Once unpacked,set up and updated I thought lets get cracking. An hour into exploring I honestly thought "OH SH*T WHAT HAVE I DONE"?????
But seriously after a few days its "GREAT" Once I got used to it and personalized it I think its far superior to any other OP, but then again I am a dinosaur so a tin opener is amazing to me lol.

There was a hack a few weeks ago that claims if you add a registry entry for the POS system you can continue to receive updates. The POS systems are still being supported by Microsoft as companies have taken out contracts with Microsoft to get extended support. I've tried this on an XP machine but only really had 2 updates available after the tweak, nonetheless, it's not really worth doing any tweaks for. It's obsolete so there is always going to be a risk involved.

long live xp! microsoft, you have missed a trick by not offering updates via subscription! many would have paid!

no one missed the boat here.xp is as clunky as the model a compared to win10.i loved xp,but knew when to let go.i would no more go back to xp than i would to win98.not to mention that this a a reallyl old post.

Back