Wipe box and start again

Lamd

Registered
ok Lads following on from my post below ..How would i wipe the box so i can reload everthing fresh as its not responding at all just on a boot screen and not booting ...

Lamd

Registered
Flashing any image or build will wipe the existing image
Willo it doesnt look like its reading the usb's for it to flash over the existing i used the prog from your self to prep all the usbs i tried 2 of which i know worked perfect before hand ...One usb flashes for 2 seconds on boot then flashes 2 sec again twice more but then nothing ..

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Make sure you unplug everything so that you flash with only the power cable and the drive you're flashing with plugged in.
Rename the noforce file to force.

Lamd

Registered
Make sure you unplug everything so that you flash with only the power cable and the drive you're flashing with plugged in.
Rename the noforce file to force.
Thought i was getting somwhere ...fitted usb powered on the box it went to flashing, usb light actively flashing stayed like that for about 2 mins then no light and the box is still at flashing 25 mins later ....

Last edited:

pabloescaban

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Thought i was getting somwhere ...fitted usb powered on the box it went to flashing, usb light actively flashing stayed like that for about 2 mins the no light and the box is still at flashing 25 mins later ....
Try a new usb stick, if that doesn't work, try another as often, you may need to try quite a few usb's before it reads one

Lamd

Registered
Cheers folks for your help after much swearing and praying it eventually flashed using a sept 17 version of ATV so i am now up and running again ..Could not get 6.2 to flash or anything after one version of June 18 6.1 .....Again thanks

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
Formuler Wooshbuild Infinity has been tested and works brilliant. OpenATV we found to be more stable and has consistent updates.

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
OpenATV we found to be more stable and has consistent updates.
Rather a sweeping statement? More stable for what? I've been running OpenViX for over a year on my Formuler F1 and it has been absolutely rock solid.
How long have you tested other images for to come to this conclusion and do you have any evidence to support this?
OpenATV does update on a nightly basis whereas ViX tend to wait and release periodical updates but I don't think this makes it a more consistent image.
Search the forum and you will probably find that the majority of 'latest update has trashed my box' posts are from ATV users.
I do appreciate that you are selling Formuler boxes and have committed to OpenATV but that doesn't make it a better image.
I do wish you the best with your venture though and your sponsorship of this great site is appreciated :(y):

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
Rather a sweeping statement? More stable for what? I've been running OpenViX for over a year on my Formuler F1 and it has been absolutely rock solid.
How long have you tested other images for to come to this conclusion and do you have any evidence to support this?
OpenATV does update on a nightly basis whereas ViX tend to wait and release periodical updates but I don't think this makes it a more consistent image.
Search the forum and you will probably find that the majority of 'latest update has trashed my box' posts are from ATV users.
I do appreciate that you are selling Formuler boxes and have committed to OpenATV but that doesn't make it a better image.
I do wish you the best with your venture though and your sponsorship of this great site is appreciated :(y):
Right let’s get one thing clear here, we
A sweeping statement? Let’s clear a few things up here, we have no obligation to OpenATV, no agreements or sponsorship with OpenATV. You’ve asked me on what evidence I based my statement on, we’ll we sold various brands for many years and we tried a lot of images and we found OpenATV more stable for example we used to supply a lot of gigablue models with end user choice and we found that after certain downloads from the feeds, the receiver would crash or be a little buggy on vix. But when we used ATV it’s less or no issues. Having saying that I’m
Not saying Vix is a bad choice of firmware, We sold so plenty of F1 and with both firmwares. But we have had end users switch across to ATV.

@Lamd please let us know how you get on, hopefully you get a quick fix.

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
When I said that you had committed to OpenATV, I meant by proxy. You are supplying boxes with a build that only works on OpenATV, albeit an excellent and very popular build.
I still don't think that it makes it more stable than any other image. Certainly more noob friendly, yes I agree.
I think if you asked another supplier of satellite and IPTV equipment in the UK, you would find that OpenViX is a far more popular choice of preinstalled image.
I'm not sure that the supplier should be insisting on what image/build you are going to use. This should be user choice and available as an option on purchase.

benijofar

Admin
Staff member
Forum Supporter
@willow3092
Have to disagree there regarding popular choice.
Woosh and i both have formuler f1 boxes and both broken.
I am forever getting complaints about vix firmware that doesn't easily allow an alternative to be used and the majority of purchasers want a nice easy well structured package as they want to use it not faff with it !
That well know supplier you mention is not interested in the least about resolving the issues but was more interested in why we had never built wooshbuild to run on vix and were we considering it ?
A lot of newbies who might go to the supplier you mention and don't know the difference are encouraged to go down the vix route as they don't know any different and the supplier then is their only source of technical help (if you can call it that)
Openatv provides software for pretty much any enigma 2 box unlike the vix outfit who are only interested in boxes they supply.
We all have our own opinion of what is best but the market is commercially driven so the consumer decides who is the winner.

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Woosh and i both have formuler f1 boxes and both broken.
I doubt very much that you or Woosh would have any problem sorting it out unless it was actually faulty hardware.
I have 2 Formuler F1's and they've both performed flawlessly running OpenViX.
I don't have any problem at all with the build that is being supplied with the sponsor's boxes, it's a great build and very user friendly.
My issue was the suggestion that ATV is more stable than any other build, which I'm sure the other members of the OE Alliance would also take exception to.

We all have our own opinion of what is best but the market is commercially driven so the consumer decides who is the winner.
But the consumer should be given the choice is my point. Why not offer the ATV build as default but allow the consumer to choose another image if they want?
In general, the other site offer OpenViX, OpenATV, OpenPli and the manufacturer's image if there is one available.
I think the Open8eight image is still available for the F1 as it was manufactured by Octagon.

OpenATV have only achieved such massive success in the UK due to the rise in popularity of Zgemma, boxes which OpenViX refused to support because originally it was a cloned DreamBox.
OpenViX support many boxes as well.

I don't want to get into a 'this image is better than that image' debate. I just think saying that one is more stable than another, without evidence, should not be a selling point.

benijofar

Admin
Staff member
Forum Supporter
@Willo3092
I think you are missing the main point of commercial aspect in this conversation?
A seller offers a product with optional firmware and you decide which one you want.
A seller offers a product with only one option then you buy it as is or buy it and change it or don't buy it at all.
All a commercial decision and one would assume the sellers have done their homework.
I am not stating any firmware/build is better than any other but i would state that the apparent facts available speak for themselves.
Your favoured supplier shot themselves in the foot with their attitude towards zgemma .
This really defeats your words about allowing all options ?
I am not getting into a mud slinging exchange of posts on this as we both have different views so would never agree i suspect.
But, from a commercial point of view only, if you don't offer what the consumer wants then you don't stay in business !

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
@Willo3092 where are you getting your information from that consumer should have a choice of selecting their own image. Have you even looked at our own site? we offer choices of different images. anyway moving on

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
@Willo3092 where are you getting your information from that consumer should have a choice of selecting their own image. Have you even looked at our own site? we offer choices of different images. anyway moving on
My only issue is that there was a suggestion from Kuul Media that the image being used as a selling point by them is more stable than others and I only asked for proof or evidence of this.
I am also happy to draw a line under this :)