wireless dongles

BytePir8

Hi all
Been looking at wireless dongles for use on the h2s box, i have 2 realtek 8191 chipest dongles
I'm looking for info as to a driver for said dongles?
there is a realtek 8192 driver but unsure if it will work or can be made to work.

cheers
Byte

Just downloaded it from the plugins and try. If not try another. Will do the box no harm. Make sure you reboot after downloading then go to network settings/device setup you will see your usb adaptor if its worked.

the best option is of course hard wired direct to your router, tho there are other solutions, quite a few people use the home plugs with some success. ive tried the usb dongles but didn't rate them for the gemma, however I did find that the older type sky tv wifi dongles (own power supply) worked really well. set it up first with a sky box !

yea get a set of homeplugs. dont need to worry about distance or anything. as long as they are on the same electrical circuit, it will be good and even this day and age i think they can jump circuits on the same board. for all the cost better option

i have my box hardwired, friend was asking me as they can't get a hard wire or use home plugs. (they live in a caravan)
next to some guys house, i know they draw power from house somewhere but not sure if on same circuit ( think they have an extension wire to house)
like i said in post i've these 2 dongles and offered them 1 for free if i can get it to work for them.

cheers
Byte

Back