Witch one is for me?

wilding2010

Hi Guys & Girls :)

Ok let me take you back a few years lol

I use to have a "The BOX" it was very simmler to Starview receive well as memory serves when Virg started using Neg3 (that might be wrong) it stopped working so i went back to just using a Virg TIVO box :( & paying full price (£80PM)

Just a few days ago someone at work was telling me he had just had a SKYBOX 5 installed at his home & when he was telling me about it & it just sounds like a Starview but not throw a cable ;)

now i'm really interested in getting one but i have Virg but i do have a dish on my wall at the side of the house with the cable in the living room if i buy a SKYBOX F5 is it just plug and play?
and is the firmware ill need available here?

Just out of interest is there a receive that's as easy to use as Starview was for a Cable customer?

Sorry not been around this in a while .

Thanks
Chris

The F5 needs a single dish connection and a connection to your broadband (wired if possible). The channel lists need to be updated from time to time but once you have done it a few times its easy.
The magic bit is the server everyone talks about, you will need to find one and install the details into the box. Again this is fiddly but once done then forget about it unless you change provider.
Buying and installing the box is easy, finding a good server not so. Broadband speeds also need to be good and stable.

no a skybox is a problem box on sat just look at those posts.you could have replaced the starview box with kryptview models as these still work models 780 and newer one phoenix 850hd as coaxial and lan connection needed.

sky box is never plug and play.

the skybox is very basic however, a good box if that is what you are looking for. buy one from the tk shop to avoid clones. then it is very easy to setup
1. you may have to install the latest firmware
2. install the latest channel list (can be found onhere. it will need to be done normaly about once a month)
3 connect your box to the net
4. connect the skydish
5 you will have to find a supplier prices vary however, someone may help you on here if you post in the correct section. install the c-line or n-line
that is it it takes about 5 mins. it dose have a 7 day epg however, there are problems at the moment with it.

Iv had 2 skyboxes now for a while and just changed to cloud ibox 2 plus. The difference in watching is A Lot! Using same lines the clouds very rarely glitch compared to the skybox. But are still cheap boxs.

I was so close to buying an f5s (when I found the right place to purchase from) but I'm having 2nd thoughts if they are as unreliable as it would seem is being implied here.

What is the tk shop mentioned above? Should I go ahead with my purchase?

Thanks guys.

---------- Post Merged at 01:09 AM ----------

Sorry guys DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

Found the link for the tk shop.

Must be time for bed :whistling:

Back