Wolves and the premier league.

lamblamb

TK Veteran
just trying to gauge the feeling on here lol,

there seems a lot of hysteria about who we are currently being linked with,

rui patricio for 18 million

joao cancelo for 40 million

a lot of the top 6 clubs fans crying foul,

can't see the problem myself if we have the money and stay within ffp ?

any thoughts folks?

;)

I'd be very surprised if any of the top 6 gave a flying one about who you signed. The EPL is awash with money and the fees you speculate over wouldn't raise any eyebrows anywhere apart from Wolverhampton.

Good luck to you - hope you have a good season.

i dont think its the fact of the money being spent tbh,

more that people are beginning to think we might upset the cosy status quo at the top end of the divison ;)

Oh yeah, Man Utd and Liverpool must be sh!tting their knickers lmao :grin: :grin: :grin:

pmsl,

a lot of clubs will be whereas 99% of the british public won't have a clue what is going on at wolves, the same as they didn't when man city suddenly had more money than anyone else.

and before anyone says you cant buy the league, man city have since proved that you can :grin:

For all the money City have spent, people seem to forget that
It has been done over 10 to 12 years
It has built up the academy and training facilities
It has built social housing for local people
It has provided huge amounts of employment in a traditional unemployment blackspot
It has brought new life to east Manchester
It hasn't succumbed to extortionate transfer fees or wage demands like others (a certain team from Stretford, for example)
It has balanced the books - and is now profit making club with ZERO debt.
It doesn't have "galacticos", what it has is a great work ethic and team spirit that fights for each other.

Do I see Wolves chasing a top 6 spot next year - no.
Do I see them making a good fist of their first year back - yes.
Do I see them relegated - no.

I am a baggies fan so don't take the Michael yet, I hope wolves do well but the epl is totally different than the efl.

Harking back to what wheelo has said.

This isn't a rush job.

The club has been in a great position for years. Fantastic training facilities and youth setup, one of the best in the country.

Previously, Morgan, whilst not investing so much in the team has continued to build on the infrastructure started years back by Sir Jack Hayward.

The club was bought by Fosun in a very healthy state. All that was missing was the first team investment.

Last year we had 3 champions league players playing in the championship. Players who previously underperformed finally, with the help of a complete new coaching staff performed better than ever. Coady, at centre back was being touted as England material.

It's very hard not being close to the club to be able to see or understand what's going on. The first team investment is there now, as are the contacts to be able to invest that money.

If anyone is in any doubt, have a Google for Fosun Group profits.

Wolves , hopefully will stay in the premier league for a long time, they deserve the premier league for the great season last, and a good fan base, and yes it looks like they will have a few pound to make a few big signings, but i see them as doing what Newcastle done last year, rather than doing a leicester city from a few years back, but good luck to them for the new season or seasons in the premier league, it will also be interesting to see how Fulham do, as they should spend some decent money too, out of the 3 promoted clubs, Cardiff may be the most likely to go back down, but who knows, as long as the hammers have a decent season, thats the main thing for me, but i have this feeling that it might be a struggle this year.

Whilst the Premiership is awash with money, Jorge Mendes is the reason Wolves are being linked with these top class players.

We’ll have to wait and see if they’ll sign for us.

It’s exciting though.

Harking back to what wheelo has said.

This isn't a rush job.

The club has been in a great position for years. Fantastic training facilities and youth setup, one of the best in the country.

Previously, Morgan, whilst not investing so much in the team has continued to build on the infrastructure started years back by Sir Jack Hayward.

The club was bought by Fosun in a very healthy state. All that was missing was the first team investment.

Last year we had 3 champions league players playing in the championship. Players who previously underperformed finally, with the help of a complete new coaching staff performed better than ever. Coady, at centre back was being touted as England material.

It's very hard not being close to the club to be able to see or understand what's going on. The first team investment is there now, as are the contacts to be able to invest that money.

If anyone is in any doubt, have a Google for Fosun Group profits.

Do YOW mean FOWSUN LOL

For all the money City have spent, people seem to forget that
It has been done over 10 to 12 years
It has built up the academy and training facilities
It has built social housing for local people
It has provided huge amounts of employment in a traditional unemployment blackspot
It has brought new life to east Manchester
It hasn't succumbed to extortionate transfer fees or wage demands like others (a certain team from Stretford, for example)
It has balanced the books - and is now profit making club with ZERO debt.
It doesn't have "galacticos", what it has is a great work ethic and team spirit that fights for each other.

Do I see Wolves chasing a top 6 spot next year - no.
Do I see them making a good fist of their first year back - yes.
Do I see them relegated - no.

2 out of 3 aint bad as far as it looks at the minute :grin:

Not suprised that the wolves are doing well, playing some good football, just as they did last season, top manager too, make sure they keep him at all cost, back in the premier league to stay.

Can't see wolves going down this season got some good players in transfer market and some from when they was in championship lol

i was bantering with wheelo, pablo and pupu :grin:

my point in june when my original post was added was to see what the rest of the prem fans though of wolves chances.

nobody in this thread thought wolves had a chance of doing anything apart from stop up.

the main reason, as far as i see it is that everyone who supports a prem team looks no further than the prem and thinks that its the be all and end all.

i can kind of understand it, hard to see how a championship club can be promoted and challenge the prem heirarchy.

but we are.

and we will even more so.

i'll make a little prediction seeing as im already about £1k up this season from the prem fans who thought we would go down.

wolves will, at minimum, hit 7th place.

that will be if we get to around christmas and do not strengthen the squad enough to grab a cl place.

this will be an interesting season :grin:

You may be right, outside of the top 6 usual suspects, wolves have got as good as a chance as any, plus its only a matter of time before some other team breaks into them 6 places, so who knows maybe it could be yous this season.

i was bantering with wheelo, pablo and pupu :grin:

my point in june when my original post was added was to see what the rest of the prem fans though of wolves chances.

nobody in this thread thought wolves had a chance of doing anything apart from stop up.

the main reason, as far as i see it is that everyone who supports a prem team looks no further than the prem and thinks that its the be all and end all.

i can kind of understand it, hard to see how a championship club can be promoted and challenge the prem heirarchy.

but we are.

and we will even more so.

i'll make a little prediction seeing as im already about £1k up this season from the prem fans who thought we would go down.

wolves will, at minimum, hit 7th place.

that will be if we get to around christmas and do not strengthen the squad enough to grab a cl place.

this will be an interesting season :grin:
I always hope teams that come up do well some lower league teams do give us Premier league big boys a run for our money no matter what they achieve at end of season will have been an achievement then build from there just like Burnley Leicester have done

Back