Woman Stabbed to Death in Bexleyheath :(

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN

HTML:
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/9296678.Woman_stabbed_to_death_in_Bexleyheath/?ref=mr
26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

POLICE are investigating after a woman was killed in Bexleyheath this morning.

Officers were called to Broadway at 8.30am and found a woman with stab wounds.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

London Ambulance Service staff treated another woman at the scene for minor knife injuries to her hand.

She did not require hospital treatment.

A woman has been arrested in connection with the incident.

More to follow.

UPDATE: Woman stabbed to death in Bexleyheath this morning and another injured

A WOMAN was seen running out of a butchers shop with a knife shortly before another woman was stabbed to death, witnesses have claimed.

Police have launched a murder inquiry following the incident in Bexleyheath.

Officers were called at around 8.30am this morning (October 10) to reports of an assault in Broadway.

Police and London Ambulance Service attended and discovered a woman, aged between 40 and 50, suffering from a stab wound.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Next of kin have now been informed.

A second woman was treated at the scene for a minor knife injury to her hand.

A woman has been arrested in connection with the incident.

The owner of the British Meat Market in Broadway, Bob Paxton said a woman came into his shop at about 8.30am.

He said: “Without saying a single word she walked behind the counter.

“There was only one guy working in the front cleaning trays.

“She walked behind the cabinet and picked up a 12 inch butcher's steak knife and raised it double-handed above her head.

“With that the manager ran out of the shop like an Olympic sprinter.

Mr Paxton added: “I caught a glance of her running out of the shop. She ran down the road and I wanted to see where she went next.”

The 65-year-old said the woman ran down Broadway towards the war memorial as staff dialled 999.

He said: “She had gone into the bowling alley car park and I told the police where she had gone.”

Dale Slater, of Berlin Road, Erith, was waiting for his sister in Broadway when he heard shouting and screaming.

The 18-year-old said: "The woman came running out of the butchers with a knife. I didn't see her stab anyone.

"There was a knife about 9ins."

He added: "She got stopped by the tile shop. Police blocked her in. I thought she was being arrested for shop lifting or something."

An employee at The Rose pub in Broadway said a blade had been taken from the British Meat Market ahead of the killing.

The woman, who did not give her name, said: "I didn't see what happened but I think one of the girls stole a knife from the butcher's.

“A policeman told my boss that's what happened. We were really shocked. On the whole we don't get that sort of thing around here. It isn't a bad place."

Officers said it was too early to determine a motive for the killing.

An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Damian Allain of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.

UPDATE: Bexleyheath Broadway stab victim was 59-year-old woman

POLICE have revealed the victim of a knife attack in Bexleyheath earlier today was a 59-year-old woman.

Officers were called at about 8.30am to reports of an assault in the Broadway and, with paramedics, found the woman suffering from stab wounds.

She was pronounced dead at the scene at 8.41am. Her family have been informed and formal identification and a post mortem examination will be carried out shortly.

An investigation is being spearheaded by the Metropolitan Police’s homicide and serious crime command.

Detective Superintendent Kieth Niven said there is no information to suggest the victims knew each other or the suspect.

Police have established that the assailant obtained a knife from Asda and attacked a 23-year-old woman who was standing at the bus stop. She was disarmed after inflicting minor injuries.

It is believed the suspect continued along the Broadway and took a knife from British Meat Market butchery and attacked the 59-year-old woman in nearby Albion Road.

A 32-year-old woman was arrested at the scene and is being held in custody.

Det Supt Niven added: “Thankfully incidents of this nature are rare and the suspect was arrested at the scene shortly after.

"Sadly the victim died from her injuries and our thoughts are with her family at this very difficult time.

"I would like to take this opportunity to appeal to anybody that was in the Asda store or the Bexleyheath Broadway area this morning and may have witnessed any of these events to contact the police."

Murder suspect Nicola Caroline Edgington fails to appear in court over Bexleyheath stabbings
3:48pm Tuesday 11th October 2011

So So Sad!!! What is this world coming to. This was far to close for comfort!! a few mins walk from here and my local Asda store!

Streets were closed off for most of day yesterday and people sent home after police had finished with them

UPDATE: Murder suspect Nicola Caroline Edgington fails to appear in court over Bexleyheath stabbings
3:48pm Tuesday 11th October 2011

A SUSPECTED murderer failed to attend a court hearing a day after a grandmother was left dead and another injured in a knife attack in Bexleyheath.

Unemployed Nicola Caroline Edgington, aged 31, should have appeared at Greenwich Magistrates’ Court this morning charged with the murder of 59-year-old Sally Hodkin and the attempted murder of a 23-year-old woman, but the court was told she was unfit to appear.

A security guard said he was “a bit reluctant” to fetch Edgington from her cell because she was “very agitated and uppity”.

A bail hearing is due to be held at the Old Bailey on Thursday and Edgington - of Ambedkar House, Flavell Mews in Greenwich – is expected to enter a plea on January 17.

Yesterday, Bexleyheath was shocked by the news of a knife rampage in which two women, believed to have been unknown to the attacker, were knifed.

A 23-year-old woman received minor wounds while Mrs Hodkin was pronounced dead by the war memorial in Albion Road at 8.41am.

Oxleas NHS Trust Foundation today released a statement which said Edgington had been a regular patient since 2006.

Yesterday at 5am she attended the accident and emergency department at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woolwich.

She was transferred to the mental health assessment unit at Oxleas House on the same site.

Edgington was assessed and given a bed and medication before being voluntarily admitted. At 7am she unexpectedly left.

A spokesman said: “Staff saw her leave and pursued her but were unsuccessful. Up to this point she had not given any indication she intended to leave and had agreed to admission.”

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust said staff notified the police and will carry out a “full and thorough investigation”.

Last edited:
Updated post with new info! Apparently she had killed her mother a few yrs ago and was in a "secure" place - so why did they let her out only for her to do it again. Beggers belief why they let these people out!!!

Back