Won'r record, says disc full

BarrySh

Hi I've got a ZGEMMA H.2s When I try to record a programme I get a message saying "Write Error, Disc Full" I know there is only about 2 hr of recording saved but there are no recordings in File List, they have disappeared and it says 64KB 100% Disc Space. I also can't watch anything on the E2iplayer portal and assume this is part of the same problem as no capacity. An ideas. Please keep it simple as I'm a thick pensioner.

It sounds like the storage media isn't being recognised.
Power the box off completely, unplug the storage usb and plug it back in and then power back on and see if your recordings are back.

As my post says there is nothing in the File List and even if there was it would only be 2 hrs. About 25% or it's capacity. I've tried deleting but there is nothing to delete.

Hi,
If i remember correctly the h.2s only has 256mb nand flash, which is no good for recording or using E2iplayer or E2iStream as there is insufficient space for buffering etc.
You defiantly need a USB stick or external USB hard drive attached to an h.2s to do anything, recording,streaming or timeshift.

Hi,
If i remember correctly the h.2s only has 256mb nand flash, which is no good for recording or using E2iplayer or E2iStream as there is insufficient space for buffering etc.
You defiantly need a USB stick or external USB hard drive attached to an h.2s to do anything, recording,streaming or timeshift.
Hi thanks for that. I've had the box for 3 years and have had 8hrs of recording in the File List and it has worked fine. So has the E2i player As I mentioned there is nothing in the File Player

Are you sure there wasn't a microsd card plugged into the side slot? You wouldn't get 8 hours of recording on 256mb nand.

Hi sorry told you I was a stupid pensioner. I checked and there is a 16GB Toshiba micro sd card installed. I unplugged the box and removed the card. Refitted it and plugged it back on. No different. Forgive my ignorance but in the File List where the two hours of recordings should be and it says 64KB (100%) disc space I assume that means 100% of capacity left not 100% used.

I'm a pensioner and follow this procedure
Press Blue button on remote scroll to Harddisk
Then across to Initialisation and OK agree to the device being formatted Red button
When this is done scroll Left to Mounts then over to Device manager (there you will see your device) it needs to show MOUNT/MEDIA/HDD if not press Green button to set up Mounts and change the Mounts to show /MEDIA/HDD and press Green to save. System will then ask to restart!!
That should do you!!

I'm a pensioner and follow this procedure
Press Blue button on remote scroll to Harddisk
Then across to Initialisation and OK agree to the device being formatted Red button
When this is done scroll Left to Mounts then over to Device manager (there you will see your device) it needs to show MOUNT/MEDIA/HDD if not press Green button to set up Mounts and change the Mounts to show /MEDIA/HDD and press Green to save. System will then ask to restart!!
That should do you!!
Hi finally got round to having a go but didn't get very far. Pressed blue button and went down to Hard disk Set up. Across to Initialisation Format HDD and Oked that. Open a box which said Initialisation SA16G SD/MCC 15.489GB Oked that and it just repeated the sd card info. Oked that and message saying Do you really want to initialise the device. All data will be lost. Selected Yes It went to Job View. Initialising storage device. Creating files stem 51/100 complete where it sat for 5min and then went back to previous screen Quick Launch Menu

Hi finally got round to having a go but didn't get very far. Pressed blue button and went down to Hard disk Set up. Across to Initialisation Format HDD and Oked that. Open a box which said Initialisation SA16G SD/MCC 15.489GB Oked that and it just repeated the sd card info. Oked that and message saying Do you really want to initialise the device. All data will be lost. Selected Yes It went to Job View. Initialising storage device. Creating files stem 51/100 complete where it sat for 5min and then went back to previous screen Quick Launch Menu
Hi
It might be a good idea to format the pen drive to fat 32 and then retry the above again! If you get the same problems then you could try another pendrive! 16 GB are pretty cheap to buy.

Hi
It might be a good idea to format the pen drive to fat 32 and then retry the above again! If you get the same problems then you could try another pendrive! 16 GB are pretty cheap to buy.
Sorry I'm obviously out of my depth here. Pen drive to fat 32 ?? Are you saying get another 16gb micro sd card and try again. Thanks

Sorry I'm obviously out of my depth here. Pen drive to fat 32 ?? Are you saying get another 16gb micro sd card and try again. Thanks
hi
Pull the old one out of the back and put it in a windows computer and format it to fat 32, if you stick the old one in the computer it will probably ask what you want to do? it needs to be fat 32, when you find the drive on PC right click and options will come up! if its a card you will need a reader to connect to pc! if it cant find the card that is where the problem may lie, so may need to replace the card/usb stick and retry, do you know anyone with a bit of pc tech savvy?

hi
Pull the old one out of the back and put it in a windows computer and format it to fat 32, if you stick the old one in the computer it will probably ask what you want to do? it needs to be fat 32, when you find the drive on PC right click and options will come up! if its a card you will need a reader to connect to pc! if it cant find the card that is where the problem may lie, so may need to replace the card/usb stick and retry, do you know anyone with a bit of pc tech savvy?
Could I just renew the micro sd card like for like and try again. Sorry to be a pain.

Could I just renew the micro sd card like for like and try again. Sorry to be a pain.
Try another card or usb stick and see how you get on, I just quoted the correct procedure to add hard drive, ideally it should be formatted to fat32

Back