Won't find any channels in scan

gibbo1471

Hi I am in nottingham and using zgemma h1 scanning using net I'd 00008 and 6887 but won't pick channels up I only have broadband with Virgin any ideas

When setting up your tuner, type in your net id.

Put a tick against all of the QAM settings

Enter 6887 in the symbol rate field

Scan using autobouquet maker.

Pick provider VM as "yes" and then pick you area, it should match the net id you entered earlier.

Then scan

I'm trying to remember mate as I also had a problem at first setting up my tuner for vm ...... couldnt find any channels scanning.

i can't remember the exact options menu I changed but I think it was in the part where the QAM settings are.......... up the top i think it was where i changed something and it made the menu smaller (think it was 4 or options then after changing ) and when i scanned i found them

ps: I've just tried looking in there for you see what I changed and now I've lost my channels ..hah :beg:

Dont take my word as true as im new to this enigma stuff

keep trying mate
long as your id symbol rate are right you will get there
good luck

---------- Post Merged at 07:05 PM ----------

I might be talking **** giibo wait there for a second .. Im scanning my channels now , I've found them again...dont do nothing for a second ...... I'll go back in the menu see where I scanned them

---------- Post Merged at 07:09 PM ----------

hang fire ...bloody scanning 2 tuners takes ages!

not to rub it in gibbo but I've found 1443 channels so far :willy nilly:

---------- Post Merged at 07:17 PM ----------

well this is freaking me out sorry gibbo

I have all the channels back.... but I donno someone with brains will come along soon gibbo sorry

---------- Post Merged at 07:23 PM ----------

i think when I scanned for channels in the "tuner configuartion" part section I think thats where I didn't get any channels when seaching"
but when I scanned the "automatic scan" in service searching thats when I got them
you tried that?

Hi got channels now when you had this box when you pressed menu did it go straight to it as mine don't do anything even pressing exit won't come out think temote is dodgy

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 PM ----------

Remote faulty

yeah gibbo pressing menu takes me straight to the menu and then pressing exit exits me out and goes back a page when Im far in the menu
sounds like a dodgy remote yeah

you got the channels! :willy nilly:make sure its not batterys mate reboot the box and all that , has it always done it?

and i still got the box love it

Last edited:
For example when I try and put in my bit rate in tuner mine is 6887 others are 6952 it won't even let me put the number six in at all and when I go into a menu eventually it won't exit out even after pressing it loads of times

I dunno must be the remotes bad then , my remote works good much better than my old skyboxf5
you try giving it a good smack? these boxes may have a universal remote but i dont no mate , maybe look on ebay see if they sell them or contact guy you bought it from
how'd you put number 6 in then?!
i'm using scumness vix flash image works great

I can't put 6 in that's why I struggled setting it up say I go in to plugins look through then press exit it won't exit just stays on there can't get back to tv

---------- Post Merged at 10:17 PM ----------

Remote u reckon

well still cant get remote to work properly hit and miss going to change it tomorrow big shame if i smack it gently it works sometimes lol

Back