WooshBuild Wooshbuild install gone wrong.

Nex

Hi all

I just tried updating a Zgemma H5.2TC and something hasnt gone to plan.

I updated the openATV fine to 7.1 via USB.

Prob a mistake doing it that way but its done now.

I then logged into webif using the guide linked below and ran the command as instructed.

WooshBuild Infinity - For ALL Enigma2 boxes

It did do something but then came up with an error and now when the box tries to start up I get a blue screen of death and the box just restarts over and over again.

Please see atttached photos.

I guess I should of asked in the first place before attempting an update as it looks like Wooshbuild hasnt beeen updated / supported for a while but I now have a couple of questions.

1, How can I factory reset the box in order for it to boot up

2, I only wawnt to use the box as a freesat box now so what would be the best software to use for this.

When I first plugged it in the box was an older version op openATV with the Wooshbuild from 2017 it seems combined with A Sky new Plugin which makes the EPG look like a Sky HD guide which I really like.

If there is something I can install to keep it like looking the same that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Box Error 1.JPG
    Box Error 1.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 10
  • Box Error 2.JPG
    Box Error 2.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Box SW Before Update.JPG
    Box SW Before Update.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 10
Hi all

I just tried updating a Zgemma H5.2TC and something hasnt gone to plan.

I updated the openATV fine to 7.1 via USB.

Prob a mistake doing it that way but its done now.

I then logged into webif using the guide linked below and ran the command as instructed.

WooshBuild Infinity - For ALL Enigma2 boxes

It did do something but then came up with an error and now when the box tries to start up I get a blue screen of death and the box just restarts over and over again.

Please see atttached photos.

I guess I should of asked in the first place before attempting an update as it looks like Wooshbuild hasnt beeen updated / supported for a while but I now have a couple of questions.

1, How can I factory reset the box in order for it to boot up

2, I only wawnt to use the box as a freesat box now so what would be the best software to use for this.

When I first plugged it in the box was an older version op openATV with the Wooshbuild from 2017 it seems combined with A Sky new Plugin which makes the EPG look like a Sky HD guide which I really like.

If there is something I can install to keep it like looking the same that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
As @moshibeth said you need openatv 6.4 for wooshbuild but that is not really updated any more and niether will be openatv 6.4 it is end of life but for freesat it maybey ok as long as plugins still work but they may not be updated either. And if you do decide to install wooshbuild when you install openatv 6.4 initialaze your usb first before trying to install wooshbuild or it will fail and when wooshbuild askes you to initializes usb just say no.

P.S. Abu gave best advice :smiley:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nex
Thanks for the replies but I only just noticed them.

I actually managed to Flash OpenATV again by USB and then install Grogbuild and use one of the sky epg skins.

That works good enough for me as its only a backup system I was given as I do have an IPTV service but I thought this would be handy to have in case my internet ever goes down.

Thanks again for the replies and hope you have a good Christmas and New Year.

Cheers

Back