wooshbuild v5 problem

jimmy6008

Hi

I have wooshbuild v5 on my zgemma h5.2s and xc plugin is not working. Everytime i try to open it it crashes the box and restarts the whole thing.

When i try to delete the plugin it doesn't appear in the list. And similarly when I try to install it again it doesnt appear in the list.

Can someone please help?

Should I do a fresh install of wooshbuild? Is there a link for it? Is it worth going for a newer version?

Thanks for your help

Don't forget to backup any important info that might be in the xc_plugin.xml file that you might need to restore services......................

Thanks guys.

Just been trying this and when I use putty and paste the link and press enter I get the following error
"no USB or HDD that has been initialised on the box has been detected, please initialise the USB device and make sure it has been mounted on /media/hdd and then retry the Grogbuild Setup"

You need to initialise a USB or a hdd to the box then run grog free range command mate to reflash with free range

I have connnected 16gb usb stick and initialised it. I am still getting the same error message.

There aren't many other choices. Do I need to do anything to make sure its mounted on /media/hdd as per the message?

The only other option given is to convert ext3 filesystem to ext4

Did you run through the process to initialise the usb if you did reboot box and try again with command

Yup ran through the process and already rebooted the box. The openwebif interface is showing me the usb drive but the path its showing is (/media/sda1). No idea how to change this....

Thanks mate. I am gonna have to wait until he comes back to me because I've been through all the settings I can see and there isn't anywhere obvious where you can change the path.

I have tried plugging the usb drive on front and rear ports to see if that changes the path but no luck. I tried using an actual hard drive instead of usb drive just in case that changes the path and still nothing.

I'm afraid I can't do much without some help now :(

No Worries.

I am still having an issue or two with the box. For once its really slow when changing between channels. The blue ring appears at the top left and channels take a long time to appear.

Secondly, I installed xc-lite plugin and it doesn't work most of the time. It just crashes while I am using it.

Do I need to consider updating the firmware etc? Box still has OpenATV 6.3.0

Don't know if openatv is officially released yet but if running grog free range and that's flashed and installed for you then must be released when you say xc-lite is crashing what's it exactly doing

When I try to watch VOD it just randomly crashes the app. I have to re-open and try again. I would say it crashes 1 in 4 times. After 3-4 crashes it reboots the box.

It shows a lot of text with error message details. It doesn't stay up for very long so I will try to take a picture next time it happens.

You csn ftp into box think it's in root crash logs select cut copy then attach in here wonder if it's an old version on grogs build I wouldn't like to presume as never used the image

Thanks. See attached. I hope this makes more sense to other people :)

Logfile removed. If needed please pm me else see below

Last edited:
Back