Wooshbuild v7 Helppp

DNO66

had a different image on my zgemma H5.2Tc for a while but decided to go back to wooshbuild as this is the best one out there, anyway i need a bit of help. gone to his website downloaded the image onto the flash drive which i have used on loads of occasions to flash, but when i put it in the usb socket at the back of the box then turn it on, instead of it saying Boot/Flash its saying USB UPDAT flashing on 3 or 4 times then just boots up into the last image i had on, i tried low level formatting the drive and also tried a few more usb sticks i have used in the past but its saying it on them all. hope someone can help. Cheers.

@ wooshman , is it possible to update from v6 to v7 online , as it wont work for me . or do i have to re flash from 6 to 7 using usb stick ? thanks

Patch I’m struggling too. I put the usb in the back after formatting 64gb stick to fat 32. Then went to wooshbuild updater and it states sorry your backup destination is not writable. Back up failed. Any help please guys. Iv looked through the other threads and struggling. Thought about mount manager but not sure if this has anything to do with it. Using H52TCH VM

im on H2H and got same message about backup destination is not writable , so i selected "no" when asked about backup and still wont flash via online .

box just crashes and reboots, also there isnt a v7 in the software list to choose to update to .

Last edited:
Patch I’m struggling too. I put the usb in the back after formatting 64gb stick to fat 32. Then went to wooshbuild updater and it states sorry your backup destination is not writable. Back up failed. Any help please guys. Iv looked through the other threads and struggling. Thought about mount manager but not sure if this has anything to do with it. Using H52TCH VM
I think if you keep your 'normal' usb stick plugged into the back and make sure its mounted on /media/hdd (red button -> plugins -> mountmanager) then online flashing will download the image to the usb stick and install. you don't need a fat32 formatted usb stick if flashing online

This is how i manged to upgrade from V6 to V7. I have a usb drive in the rear for recording which I left in place. Pressed the green button on the remote. selected WB Config. WB Config back up settings. WB Config reflash image. It says it will reflash to V6 but it actually flashes to V7. WB Config restore settings.

I also had to reset the EPG. menu/setup/epg/epg importer/blue button on remote/scroll up to Rytec sat.vm/ok on remote/scroll down to desired list/press ok then yellow button on remote.

i have flashed it now online . but nothing clearing , i made a back up before flashing , how do i transfer the settings back to the box ? or do i have to install everything again ? thanks

i have flashed it now online . but nothing clearing , i made a back up before flashing , how do i transfer the settings back to the box ? or do i have to install everything again ? thanks
after setting it up I had to just press a channel number on my remote and it went to that channel and they all cleared

ok i have got picture on now . but when box is rebooting i get message on box saying "usb update" , then it boots ok but when i chenge channels i get message on screen saying " creating hardlink to timeshift file failed , the fileshift on your timeshift device does not support hardlinks . make sure its formatted in EXT 1 , 2 and 3 . what does this mean and how do i stop it appearing . thanks

Back