Work around internet censorship ISP blocking Torrent sites Virgin Media - Sky/ more

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
If your internet service provider has blocked you from the usual torrent sites, this is what I use as a workaround.

First of all go here and download/install Tunnelbear.

Code:
[URL]https://www.tunnelbear.com/[/URL]

09-01-2014 23-44-52.jpg

You will have to register for an account, once done you will get 500mb per month.

If you set up a twitter account or already have one, tweet once a month you will get an extra GB FREE!

Once installed turn it on and wait for it to connect.

09-01-2014 23-50-01.jpg

Now visit the torrent site, not the proxy sites just the original site before being blocked and it should load fine.

Tunnelbear turned off;

before.jpg

Tunnelbear turned on;

after.jpg

Don't forget to turn off tunnelbear once you have found the torrent you are after otherwise your download will be very slow and you will eat up your monthly allowance in no time.

Only use this to find your torrent download link.

Some private trackers ban you when they detect you are using Tunnelbear. If you do use it and are a member of any private trackers? Make sure it's disabled prior to connecting to any of your private tracker accounts.

or you could just go to pirateproxy.net and not have to install any ip changing software

That is blocked to virgin media? There are several proxy sites such like the one you mention but I find them to be slow unreliable or either down at busy times.

Some private trackers ban you when they detect you are using Tunnelbear.

Another good reason to turn it off before connecting as mentioned above, its just a flick of a switch then click the torrent download link. Besides I wouldn't bother to trying downloading a torrent with this enabled as it will be extremely slow to download.

I'm unsure about using IP changing software in case it effects other things I do. Not sure how it would go down with a line provider. Or is it all based on ECM's rather than IP addresses?

I'm unsure about using IP changing software in case it effects other things I do. Not sure how it would go down with a line provider. Or is it all based on ECM's rather than IP addresses?

Your ISP won't care if you use a proxy, it's the sites you connect to that will\may have an issue with it. They tend to view the fact that you are trying to mask your true location as an indication that you may be intent on being some form of threat to their security. You may need to use a proxy to be able to access a site that is blocked and have no intention of causing any harm but they don't know that so they treat all proxy users as potential threats.

Not too bothered about my ISP regarding IP address. I'm sure I'm balls-deep in data collection by now. Was more concerned regarding how my sub/cline provider would react if my line was being used in Mexico then Salford then Russia.

i have a server and to answer you maff it wont effect it at all , the only thing that would cancel it would be if you were to use the clines on 3 different boxes the server would alert me that there is 3 ip address connecting to the 1 setup cline , so as long as your using just 1 box with your set of clines then you can change ip all you want ! :)

Back