Dear sir/Madam

I purchased a Lacoste t shirt
25/5/2021 Delivered 27/5/2021

Order no 321####
Item no Q1V3####

Redelivered/signed for, back at Scotts
01/06/2021 7.00am

On opening the box, I was utterly disgusted, with my findings
The T shirt i ordered had clearly been worn. ?
Hasterly repacked, I did not even
Take the item out of the bag. It was not fit for purpose

It was creased, the resealable bag was not sealed, even found hairs on the bag. All photographed, if needed for future reference.

The T shirt was obviously a returned item. Yet was allowed to purchased by some unwitting customer.

1stly, why did quality control allow this item to be dispatched.

2nd does Scotts not have any quality control. Especially regards covid-19 & hygene standard.

I would be grateful if a member of your staff, preferably managment, would like to further this conversation, So hopefully this matter may not arise with other Scotts customers.

Not even a sarcastic response..💩

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
Ewwwwe
Nasty
One of the reasons I stopped buying designer clothes online

Wrong sizes, difficult returns, just more of a hassle than it’s worth when you want a specific thing.

Sadly current economics is putting the squeeze on retail stores and more and more business is being carried out online but there’s no excuse for something like that to slip through quality control. I preferred the good old days where you could walk into an outlet and check the quality/fit of an item before buying and any issues you could take it back and have a good face to face rant. It’s not as satisfying complaining by email and more often than not your basically ignored. As more outlets close down I fear we will all eventually be forced to do our shopping online.

That is a disgrace, and like you I'd be right disappointed if receiving that.
I'd like to think that this is something that's not went right for Scotts on this one occassion and it is not their norm.
I buy nearly all my clothing online right down to socks, and have had fantastic service, especially by Amazon UK. Not just that, in the UK
we have far better consumer rights by shopping online on every product. I would never shop local now.

An hour ago

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your recent purchase!

Looking into your account I can see that you have been in touch with our customer care team regarding this who have advised further, however I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding this as it helps us to improve.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to email us on: @jdplc.com quoting reference: #18064### in the subject
Scotts response

Can you escalate this, because someone is at best lazy but I think they are just fobbing you off it should be cleaned and repackaged correctly.

That's disgusting especially with the current situation in the world.

It's possible it's a mistake and a one off from their end.

But whoever in their packaging team in the warehouse didn't realise what was being sent out should have been severely reprimanded to prevent any future issues.

Scotts response 10th June 11.25am
I'm really sorry to hear that there was a problem with your order and can understand that mistakes like this are disappointing. I’m pleased to advise you that your refund of £65.00 has now been processed. This can take up to 3 - 5 working days to reflect on your account

I have also resent your statement to reflect the amended amount. As earlier discussed over the phone I have offered you as a good will gesture a 25% off your next order up to £100 plus free delivery. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused

That’s good you got an apology and your money back guess it’s just a sign of the times where some employees just don’t give two hoots but at least Scotts have acknowledged the error and hopefully reprimanded the employee responsible for the shoddy repackaging.

Let's call it an error with a fair conclusion, the only thing I can see is this happening to someone less savey than you they would not be so fortunate.

I had to provide, Scotts with a copy of the original receipt, tracking
information ( courier)
Name, address, email address, phone no.. basically jump through hoops, I think as you rightly put, lucky.

Back