Would people recommend the Cloud Ibox 2+?

I have recently bought an F5S and the community for it seems great but I'm having a few problems with it which are most likely caused by cheap hardware or a poorly developed OS build.

I've been taking a look at some of the popular budget Linux models and the VU+ Solo looks nice but is it a bit expensive. Is the Cloud IBox 2+ OK and would people generally recommend it over an F5S? I only need a single tuner receiver.

they are a clone of the vu solo. if you have got around £125 go for the octagon sf8. if your budget is below £100 i think you can get a blade box. otherwise ask someone who has one there are mixed reveies about cloud boxes.

I don't know about what is being said above, but I just got an octagon box and it rocks, certainly in comparison with the F3 that I had firstly.

i just got a ibox 2 plus they are a bit baffling at first comming from using skyboxes. they seem good for the price nice hd pic quality,runs cool, plenty of e2 plugins although some dont work on openpli. nice to have iptv loads of onlie movie channels and all on demand bbci player itv player ect. nice proper epg with crossepg and autoboquets for updating channel list on 28.2 all in all seems a good linux box for under £75. but always backup image as mistakes can be made easily when putting files on via dream control centre. im still learning but they seem to be the next step up from skyboxes but not really for the people who only want to watch tv and thats it if thats you stick to skyboxes or blades. its just a pity that skyboxes dont do on demand apps. mine needed reflashing with patched openpli when i first got it so cccam and plugins can be added. easy to flash though but does not use xp1000 files it uses xpeedlx files so NOT SAME IMAGES AS IBOX 2 USES!! not many backup images available as yet to take out the hassle of adding plugins yourself

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 AM ----------

I thought the ibox 1 was the vu solo clone. AFAIK the ibox 2 and 2+ are based on the XP1000.
2+ are different they use xpeedlx files NOT xp1000 files

Last edited:
Thanks. I've used Linux based devices before so I think I would be OK.

Are there tutorials and images easily available and do you possibly have any links for them that you used when setting yours up? My only problem with the Skybox is that the interface seems to be really buggy. Unfortunately mine crashes far more often than I think it should do.

backup images are a bit thin on the ground at the moment but here is a link for 2 plus safe patched images blackhole ect. http://cloud-ibox2.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=4

this is the first time i have used linux boxes so i can lean on you if i need help but its so much better than standard satboxes now i can watch topgear on catchup lol

i had no tutorials just asked around i bricked it once stuck in boot mode but just reflashed with patched openpli on usb stick and all was good again.
DONT DO AN ONLINE OPENPLI SOFTWARE UPDATE THIS UPDATES WITH NONE PATCHED OPENPLI AND LEAVES YOUR 2 PLUS IN BOOT MODE!!

Last edited:
Great, thanks. Would Golden Interstar Xpeed LX images work on it as well if it is just a clone from that?

Last edited:
Back