'Wreckage Spotted' In Hunt For Lost Jet

i was listening to this story on the way to work this morning and some idiot decided to say that the plane crashed into shark infested waters, not very reassuring to families in hope of some chance of survival or the fact that not only do they have to deal with the loss of their loved ones but now have to dwell on the thought that their remains are being devoured!

who cares what part of the ocean they crashed into, last thing people want to know is its infested with sharks!
some people need a violent shake!

i was listening to this story on the way to work this morning and some idiot decided to say that the plane crashed into shark infested waters, not very reassuring to families in hope of some chance of survival or the fact that not only do they have to deal with the loss of their loved ones but now have to dwell on the thought that their remains are being devoured!

who cares what part of the ocean they crashed into, last thing people want to know is its infested with sharks!

Oh how awful! as you say its bad enough there has been a disaster - some people just dont know when to keep the gobs shut! There are 100's of families out there that are truly devastated by this.

RIP to all! :(

Unfortunately the world we live in now has little room for sensitivity (TechKing members excluded).

News is only news now if it is gruesome & the more gory it is the better.

There's no point in reporting that a motorist was killed on the Motorway, you would need to report it as, A motorist has died in a collision on the Motorway, his head was found in a field 50 meters away & his arm went through the windshield of another vehicle. There was blood everywhere & services report it will take days to remove all traces of blood.

What saddens me most of all is that nothing appears to have the ability to shock us anymore?

No matter how catastrophic an incident is, it is old hat within hours & everyone is waiting for the next big news break.

Sad world now, really.

-

Well stated G.

The whole thing has ultimately led to desensitizing the public. Thus leading to more horrific headlines and newscasts to achieve the same result for a shorter amount of time.

Hmmm...makes one wonder if that same theory carries over into the rise in heinous and violent crimes.

Well stated G.

The whole thing has ultimately led to desensitizing the public. Thus leading to more horrific headlines and newscasts to achieve the same result for a shorter amount of time.

Hmmm...makes one wonder if that same theory carries over into the rise in heinous and violent crimes.

I think it could all be related 7th.

The same newscasters that report video games as being the source of all violent behaviour, should stand back & re run the tape on some of the methods they use to report tragic events.

-

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I was delighted to see that the United States agreed to assist in locating the crash site using satellite data.

It more than likely involved them moving satellites from other locations.

-

soz g id have to differ with the shock, as im shocked & sickened to the pit of my stomacch wen sum **** touches a child in any way. soz if this brings the mood down.

soz g id have to differ with the shock, as im shocked & sickened to the pit of my stomacch wen sum **** touches a child in any way. soz if this brings the mood down.

No need for the soz dee, your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's here.

The whole idea is to state your opinion, it doesn't matter if it's popular or not.

I'm not 100% sure we are talking about the same thing though?

-

Last edited:
car crash,plane crash, trian crash sad as it is weve all watched movies were we have seen it so it does`nt resly affect us. it will only affect the familys involved. weve got used to the violence & the death.

car crash,plane crash, trian crash sad as it is weve all watched movies were we have seen it so it does`nt resly affect us. it will only affect the familys involved. weve got used to the violence & the death.

I have not allowed myself to become that hardened.

I still feel the pain (even though not necessarily directly involved) when any tragedy occurs, no matter how, why, or where.

One of the old school I guess.

-

G you must admit with the movies today its not as bad as it was when we were kids, wot did get me today was the couple who jumped of beachy head after there 5 yr old son passed away with menangituse. now that brought a tear to the eye and im not ashamed to admit it.

They are saying now that there were 2 aer lingus workers from dublin on the plane also, they haven't named them yet.

G you must admit with the movies today its not as bad as it was when we were kids, wot did get me today was the couple who jumped of beachy head after there 5 yr old son passed away with menangituse. now that brought a tear to the eye and im not ashamed to admit it.

I was never a believer in the "If it doesn't affect me then it doesn't matter" theory.

I always tend to look at a situation by placing myself in that same situation hypothetically speaking.

It's not too long ago I went to a airport to pick up my own two children as they returned from a Stateside trip, I couldn't even begin to try to understand the bottomless pit feeling I would have felt had I been greeted with the news that their plane had gone missing.

Everybody, and I mean absolutely everybody involved in that tragedy, directly or indirectly, deserves the sympathy of the whole world.

-

if it was my daughters G id be the next person to pass away, when your times up thats it, preferbly in your sleep or in a crash, or cancer i no id rather hit the water at 500 mph then spend months dieng of cancer & in pain. iv seen a gud mate at the age of 33 do it not pleseant. soz but my feelings are if the family & friennds are ok sod the rest. p.s i count you as my Techking family and the rest of our merry band.

Back