XBMC and Lenovo ThinkCentre issues!!

tylerjuno

Hi all! I have a lenovo thinkcentre m72e mini Specs --> ptpimg.me/i1l084.png -- ptpimg.me/980s63.png

I've posted in the XBMC forums, but have not had a reply just yet. I know theyre slow. But I've heard good things about the TECHKINGS community, so I for sure wanted to hear what great ideas you all could provide.

I absolutely loved the idea of having this small desktop to run my 1st HTPC, so I did some research and found out about XBMC.. Once I decided to go that route, I downloaded XBMC's Frodo 12.3 onto my Lenovo and when I try and launch the program it it say " ERROR: Unable to create GUI" and from the forums I've read it says it is because of the graphic card, and should have its driver updated, and/or that the graphics card is not strong enough to support the software? BUT the kicker is that the Lenovo ThinkCentre has an integrated graphics card that is (permanently?) wired into the motherboard, and has no slots to add a new graphics card.

I don't know a terribly large amount about comps but it seems strange to me because my Lenovo has HD compatibility and DisplayPort outputs (which I've read has higher resolution capabilities than HDMI)? SO I don't know how it is unable to load the GUI. It is rather frustrating because the ThinkCentre was expensive for my pocket, I already have a big, bulky desktop, and Id hate to let it go and not be used for my HTPC intention.

Any ideas for a fix? Like deleting some line(s) in the .xml of the Frodo 12.3 application that check for graphics compatibility? Or is there another XBMC version/build I can install that will work for me? Or perhaps is there another type of (free/cheap) software comparable to XBMC that others prefer?

Thanks in advance for any info you all can come up with!

tylerjuno

Back