Xbmc

hi im not sure if im posting this in the right section i do apololigise if im not , i come across this XBMC , the problem is when after i have downloaded it and it asks if you want the box tick to start when finished download i get this grey box with the red circle and white cross saying error unable to create GUI. EXITING
does anyone know what that is if so any help would be very grateful thankyou .

Update your graphics drivers
hi i have done that and im still getting the same message GUI. EXITING error message ? i have also downloaded VLC player thought that might be the problem but didnt help i have also tryed the XBMC on XP and on my other pc which im operating on windows 7 which i put a fresh copy of on to see if they might help still no joy so here i am again scratchimg my head any help would be really helpfull thankyou.

hi im not sure if im posting this in the right section i do apololigise if im not , i come across this XBMC , the problem is when after i have downloaded it and it asks if you want the box tick to start when finished download i get this grey box with the red circle and white cross saying error unable to create GUI. EXITING
does anyone know what that is if so any help would be very grateful thankyou .

Give us a little more detail please. What you have posted is a little confusing to me.

He can't run XBMC due to this error "unable to create GUI. EXITING" also the option to run XBMC directly after install is greyed out so the program knows it will not be able to run after installation is complete.

like what root says i cant run XMBC because of error unable to create GUI EXITING , i have also tryed upgrading my graphics card aswell that didnt work either could it be that im using windows sp 1 and you need 2 or more ?

like what root says i cant run XMBC because of error unable to create GUI EXITING , i have also tryed upgrading my graphics card aswell that didnt work either could it be that im using windows sp 1 and you need 2 or more ?

If you are not using Windows update I suggest you do.

Last edited:

If you are not using Windows update I suggest you do.
i use windows update all the time , i have sorted out the problem now i have tryed on another computer which im running XP home edition and and for some reason first attempt it went on there first time of askin so thank you for your help .

I'm looking for a software that can stream movies like this one. This is actually the first time I heard of XBMC. I just hope my notebook can handle it.

Xbmc has great add ons to get sky sports and movies on demand etc but you'd be lucky to get one that isn't overloaded with users and freezes or won't allow you access. Netflix accounts can be gotten cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a five month old discussion until tonight lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back