Xbox One problems affect only ‘a very small number’ of customers, says Microsoft

j4v3d

VIP Member
xbox-one-645x250.jpg

The Xbox One may only have been on sale for around 24 hours, but that’s plenty of time for launch day gremlins to rear their head.

According to various reports, some of the launch day Xbox One units seem to be suffering from assorted hardware problems – just like the PlayStation 4.

The issues, which Microsoft told IGN only affected a small number of Xbox One customers, range from some customers being unable to even turn the device on, to the nasty disc drive grinding sound that you can hear in the video below.

[video=youtube;lOPcMT5DHWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lOPcMT5DHWY[/video]

Other problems reported on the Xbox One forums include the console displaying the E100 error code, blank screens on power-up, the “green screen of death“, and the Xbox One rebooting once it manages to load a game. In the video below, you can hear more problems with “a fizzing sound” when the console is running.

[video=youtube;wWsRQtZljI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wWsRQtZljI8[/video]

For all the variety of issues, Microsoft told IGN in a statement that anyone having problems with their hardware should get in touch:

The issue is affecting a very small number of Xbox One customers. We’re working directly with those affected to get a replacement console to them as soon as possible through our advance exchange program. Rest assured, we are taking care of our customers.

Code:
http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2013/11/23/xbox-one-problems-affect-small-number-customers-says-microsoft/?fromcat=all

It's been a week, and I haven't heard too many other reports of this happening outside the initial ones, so I'd believe them. Last thing Microsoft needs is another red ring of death scenario.

But typical launch issues! This is why you should always wait at least a few weeks before getting a new console, unless you really want it that badly.

Still not sure which console to go for. Played Killzone on the PS4 last night and was very impressed with the graphics. I'll wait a while and see how widespread the Xbox one problems are before making my mind up.Like the look of Ryse on the xbox, anyone played it yet?

Still not sure which console to go for. Played Killzone on the PS4 last night and was very impressed with the graphics. I'll wait a while and see how widespread the Xbox one problems are before making my mind up.Like the look of Ryse on the xbox, anyone played it yet?

I'm an Xbox fan and to be honest, the only thing that would stop me from changing at this stage, is cinavia lol I love my movies as much as games and cinavia is a pain when it comes to Sony devices. The One is getting terrible bad press at the moment graphics wise but it's nothing they can't "patch" with a software update

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Read some stuff about some Polish hackers "re-balling" a PS4 and everything worked fine after. I know its has nothing to do with any type of modding,but its good to hear people are doing some tests on the console.Quite brave with the price of the machine at the moment. That said, I think I've decided on the Xbox One. Just a case of locating a shop that's got/getting them in stock before xmas.

Read some stuff about some Polish hackers "re-balling" a PS4 and everything worked fine after. I know its has nothing to do with any type of modding,but its good to hear people are doing some tests on the console.Quite brave with the price of the machine at the moment. That said, I think I've decided on the Xbox One. Just a case of locating a shop that's got/getting them in stock before xmas.

Good luck in trying to find one pal - PS4 and XBox one the game consoles to have this year. If you ask me its a waste of money. Soon they'll be some other game console coming out.

Good luck in trying to find one pal - PS4 and XBox one the game consoles to have this year. If you ask me its a waste of money. Soon they'll be some other game console coming out.

Not for a while dude.

It's sick to be honest to see people buying the consoles and reselling them with a quarter of the price added on, equally sick to see people giving into buying them for that price.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Back