XE VPN - Box Crashing When VPN Started??

Openboxcy

Hi,

Looking for a bit of help if possible. I have two Zgemma H2S boxes running WB Infinity with Sly Q skin, with Vermin as my ISP.

I have recently updated Xtream Editor to the latest version, so now have XE VPN for installing a VPN on my two boxes.

As my IPTV supplier is currently being hit when Premier League football is on, i bought hacked NordVPN's for both my boxes. I have put the information into XE VPN and use the latest recommended Nord server on one of my boxes (no VPN on other box as yet). However, when i press the blue button to start the VPN i get the wheel spinning in the top left corner of my screen as per the Sly Q skin for a while, then i get the blue crash screen as it looks likes it completing the process. My box then reboots and runs fine.

If i then open XE VPN it shows the VPN as running and i have an IP address. Has anyone else experienced this? Will the VPN still work? Just trying to get an answer before the weekend as there are a couple of games i want to see, plus dont want all channels going down during the games.

Thanks in advance.

I don't use a vpn but I have friends that use PIA on XE vpn and they said it runs fine. Not sure about hacked vpn's though. Your supplier may only allow vpn's when there is a block so I would check with them.

Thanks @formandvoid, my supplier doesn't seem to think there is any issue starting the VPN outside the ban. I know others with the same supplier have bought the hacked VPNs and they seem ok. Im trying to check with them at the moment but just wondered if anyone on here had experienced the same and had fixed this.

Your supplier should know whether you can use before a block or not I'm not allowed to use a vpn unless there is a block as the service won't work as supplier clearly states that

If your Editor is the latest version should run ok then. I think it is v3.05 at the moment. Just check your friends vpn's are running ok. Not too sure why it would crash the box though. I know people who have had issues with skin compatability but I don't use sky skins so not sure.

@formandvoid, sorry to act stupid, but what do you mean by editor? Not sure if you are referring to image on box. Im running WB infinity, which uses OpenATV (version 6.2).

just add it via the easy vpn adder and it will do the same thing
menu
plugins
green to add
wooshbuild
easy vpn adder

Sorry @formandvoid, should have known you meant Xtream Editor. I updated this last night so it should be the latest version.

Think i will give the 'easy VPN adder' plugin a try. I take it i just stop the VPN in XE VPN and run it in the other plugin?

Back