Xiaomi Bloatware and Ads

Openboxcy

Hi,

After posting on here about what phone I should upgrade to, and all the information given, I am about to get a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro.

I've watched quite a few videos on YouTube about bloatware and ad removal through various ways. I was just wondering what Xiaomi users on here have done. Have you removed unnecessary apps, was it worth it, or did you just put these in a separate folder? If you have removed apps etc, what method did you use?

What about ads, how did you overcome these?

As always, any help is appreciated, thanks.

As always guys, bang on information, thanks. The tutorial on ads removal looks similar to something I watched on YouTube so that's great.

I take it neither of you have bothered removing stock apps (bloatware) from your devices? I think I only really frees up a couple of GB of storage so may not be worth the hassle. Supposedly if software updates come in the removed apps come back again anyway.

Thanks

As always guys, bang on information, thanks. The tutorial on ads removal looks similar to something I watched on YouTube so that's great.

I take it neither of you have bothered removing stock apps (bloatware) from your devices? I think I only really frees up a couple of GB of storage so may not be worth the hassle. Supposedly if software updates come in the removed apps come back again anyway.

Thanks
Most phones comes with bloatware bud but bare in mind xiaomi runs stock android so dosnt really take stuff out of it even Huawei has bloatware if you download an app from playstore that has ads so you could class that as bloatware imo.
Is a pain in arse but as the saying goes don't touch what's not broken lol (ps I wish I still had my iPhone 12)

I'm loving my Note 10 Pro. The only thing that I didn't like was the clock on the notification bar but I got rid of that using ADB.
I didn't get pro version as not much difference from some of the vids I've watched on YouTube ect but then I only bought this as got rid of my iPhone as missus wanted s21 plus phone so traded my phone in and cash for her phone ffs 😭😭😭

If you see ads on Xiaomi apps you click the three dots in corner and switch off recommendations.
If you don't use the Xiaomi apps it doesn't make a lot of difference.
Unless a phone is running Android one or a fork of that all have some form of bloatware.

The only time the bloatware becomes an issue imo is if you've ran out of storage space on your phone. Most of us won't get to that point so don't worry about it.

The only time the bloatware becomes an issue imo is if you've ran out of storage space on your phone. Most of us won't get to that point so don't worry about it.
Some apps run in background using ram and battery. That's where it can be annoying for some people who maybe game or on their device all day.

Some apps run in background using ram and battery. That's where it can be annoying for some people who maybe game or on their device all day.

Yeah but for your average user bloatware isn't going to be that much of an issue. Every device comes with some bloatware.

Anyone know what charger should come with the xiaomi redmi note 10 5g as I have a 22.5 charger and seems to charge it slow.
I get it has a big battery but seems to take a while to charge

Back