Windows XP XP Start Up Screen?

Session9

VIP Member
On our desktop at home, when starting the computer up it comes up with a black screen with white writing on it, asking which Windows to start.

There are three options, all saying the same Windows XP.
And it counts down 20 seconds or something until it chooses itself and boots.

I have formatted the computer a few times, and there's only the one partition on it, sooo....help? Haha I have no idea why it's doing it, or how to get rid of it.

How many times have you formatted?

If not done properly, you end up installing over the existing OS which could create this situation.

So, do you remember the steps you took to reformatting?

as 7th has said you need to tell us how many times you have formatted then we might be able to help you :)

Bout three times I suppose.

And it sounds like that's what I've done.

How come this didn't happen on my laptop then? I did exactly the same thing with them both.

I don't remember how I did it...just stuck the disc in, booted it, followed the instructions on screen.

On our desktop at home, when starting the computer up it comes up with a black screen with white writing on it, asking which Windows to start.

There are three options, all saying the same Windows XP.
And it counts down 20 seconds or something until it chooses itself and boots.

I have formatted the computer a few times, and there's only the one partition on it, sooo....help? Haha I have no idea why it's doing it, or how to get rid of it.

I think moh had this issue recently......

Your problem is caused by the previous installs entries being left in the Boot.ini file. It is very easy to sort.

Check THIS post for the solution.

-

I was just looking for that.

(y) Gman! (y)

You and me both 7th :)

No matter how well structured things are it is still difficult enough to find stuff we know is there but can't remember which section.

On most Forums, I find the search feature to be so inadequate....

-

Actually this problem bothered me quite a long time too, but recently I find functional software which can fix all these problems just with one click: ******, maybe you guys could have a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually this problem bothered me quite a long time too, but recently I find functional software which can fix all these problems just with one click: ******, maybe you guys could have a try.

acmz123,

Any further spamming will result in a BAN!

Back