XT1039 Moto G speaker issue

channelking

Been using this phone which is my dads since my own one went kaput

But last week sound from it when listening and watching on youtube just when really distorted not clear at all.

Likely speaker has gone?

Can speaker be replaced easily as opened the phone and battery seems soldered in so just wondering if can take speaker out and replace it?

Possibly not to be safe!

Dont really bothered mate as phone is only worth £10 or 15 quid now lol

So worst could happen is stops working altogether

Did look on youtube and seems speaker can be replaced but its not for exact same model as one I have

I presume you have powered it off-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------waited--------------------------------------------------------waited--------------------------------and powered back on, does phone calls sound different ---music ?

Unless you were a micro surgeon i could not even read whats inside and shaking like be dammed.

Calls are fine from it its just youtube or anything that listen or watch sound is distorted even more so when put volume up. No longer sounds clear.

Ye I have powered it off for 5 minutes and put it back on no difference.

Open it up they could be the tinyest bits of crap or sust on the speaker give it a clean with a duster or microfiber cloth

Yes I have already done that to no effect.

If speaker could be changed dont mind doing that but not 100% sure about it.

Seem to be different ones ear and loud lol.
Does phone have bluetooth and if so a bluetooth speaker?

Ye but don't know which of the speakers are gone.

Nah Bluetooth speaker headache mate as don't want to be taking it with me around the house lol

speaker went on one of my phones,
turned out to be a load of little bits of metal stuck in it,
a decent rare earth magnet might pull them out, but I ended up popping my speaker, so didnt work very well, maybe too strong a magnet, :unsure:

Back