Xtream editor wont load onto box

Hi guys, last resort here. Can't find any topics with the same problem and my provider seems stuck with the issue also.

I have an i55 plus with Open ATV 6.3 & Wooshbuild Infinity.

My issue is i cannot seem to get the Xtream editor plugin to download. When i try Putty i get the PuTTY fatal error: 'Software caused connection abort' upon clicking 'open'. I have tried this numerous times and keep getting this code which doesn't allow me to go any further. I have also tried via the menu's on the box. I get to the execution part of installing the xtream editor extension and nothing happens.

I've tried reflashing the box with the USB method to start over but it doesnt seem to want to reflash. The box just boots up with everything on it (Open ATV/Wooshbuild).

I literaly have no idea what to try next. I have installed a few of these boxes before without issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Baz. Jedi instead of Xstream editor? Will this still work with my current providers service? It was him that recommended XE in the beginning. I'm not too clued up on how it all works. My apologies.

If he will give you your username password server url and port number it will mate or if he will give you m3u use e2mbouquet maker but you will need an epg url from him

Okay mate, thanks. His reply was that he wasn't keen on me using Jedi for a few different reasons which are irerlevant to this topic atm. He gave me another option but it requires a reflash and my box simply wont reflash. I tried to factory reset as a last ditch attempt at being able to reflash and it won't even factory reset. It takes me back to the start wizard but at the same time the box still has Open ATV and Wooshbuild on it. Surely a factory reset deletes both of these?

Okay mate, thanks. His reply was that he wasn't keen on me using Jedi for a few different reasons which are irerlevant to this topic atm. He gave me another option but it requires a reflash and my box simply wont reflash. I tried to factory reset as a last ditch attempt at being able to reflash and it won't even factory reset. It takes me back to the start wizard but at the same time the box still has Open ATV and Wooshbuild on it. Surely a factory reset deletes both of these?
Use grog free range build it does it all

Thats exactly what he recommended but says i need to do a new flash first? And that's the problem, the box doesnt want to flash. Can i use the Grogbuild even though i have Open ATV 6.3 and Woshbuild currently on the box do you know?

Thats exactly what he recommended but says i need to do a new flash first? And that's the problem, the box doesnt want to flash. Can i use the Grogbuild even though i have Open ATV 6.3 and Woshbuild currently on the box do you know?
Grogfree range will re flash and install his build onto your box mate then you just install the plugins needed

So have you managed to get xtream editor on extensions? On I've done mine, got qr code got 24 hour pass but nothing loading except FTA channels

So have you managed to get xtream editor on extensions? On I've done mine, got qr code got 24 hour pass but nothing loading except FTA channels
I haven't tried your suggestion yet mate.
Basically Putty keeps showing the error code, which means I can't use Putty. If it didn't show this error code it would be a piece of piss as usual.
XE Editor is in the extensions but it won't download. It goes through the download process to the execute page then goes back to the menu without downloading the plugin.
I tried using Grogfree but the Webif browser is stuck on 'session closed' and won't connect.
My box doesn't reflash either.
I'm waiting on a couple of 4gb USB sticks to arrive so I can rule out the USB not working when I try to reflash.

I went on pc, put my IP address in browser, it opened webif and that's where I put the code which worked straight away after I tried a shit load of other codes.
Merry Christmas

Yes mate, the webif browser thing isn't working for me either. It did before, but isn't now for some reason. Reads session closed and won't refresh.

Merry Christmas to you too mate. I shall update when I give it all another go.

Cheers.

Made a bit of progress tonight on this. Haven't had the box on for almost 2 weeks. Managed to flash the box from within the menu which I couldn't do before. Then managed to install Grogbuild as surprise surprise openWebif was all of a sudden working again. None of this i could do previously but all seem to be working fine now for some reason.

I'm now trying to transfer the XE codes over using Putty but I'm being told there is 'no space left on device'. Openwebif is telling me the same thing. Anyone any ideas on how to resolve this one?

Last edited:
Made a bit of progress tonight on this. Haven't had the box on for almost 2 weeks. Managed to flash the box from within the menu which I couldn't do before. Then managed to install Grogbuild as surprise surprise openWebif was all of a sudden working again. None of this i could do previously but all seem to be working fine now for some reason.

I'm now trying to transfer the XE codes over using Putty but I'm being told there is 'no space left on device'. Openwebif is telling me the same thing. Anyone any ideas on how to resolve this one?
Have you a big enough USB or hdd initialised for storage it's as tho your box is using internal memory and not external memory

Have you a big enough USB or hdd initialised for storage it's as tho your box is using internal memory and not external memory
Its a 32gb Usb so i would've thought so, no?

Went to fire the box up today to have another shot at it and it keeps on switching itself off once it gets to the Grogbuild image. My luck is well & truly out with this thing.

Back