Yet another "Please Recommend Me A Box" thread - A box to use with Magic Eye

stuperior

Yet another Please Recommend Me A Box thread - A box to use with Magic Eye

Hi all,

Firstly sorry for posting yet another thread asking for help recommending a good box, but after looking through several other posts I can't see an answer to what I'm looking for, so here goes:

I'm currently using a SkyBox F5s, which has been great for the 3 months I've had it, enough for us to quit BSkyB (Wahoo!), but obviously the cheapy Skybox has it's limitations and now that we're happy we have very good dcam server we'd like to get a decent box.

Ideally, I want one that works with the Sky Magic Eye link, connected in the usua way on co-axial (as we have a link to the bedroom and the cable is sunk into the walls).
Other requested features would be:
Ability to put a HD inside (not absolutely essential though)
Twin tuner
Linus (VIX?) with capability to serve recorded programs over DLNA would be great, am sure i've seen this done on a youtube demo
A good EPG where you can select future programs to record

I like the look and specs of the VU+ Solo & Duo boxes, they give everything you could wish for, except for the magic eye link ability?
I have noticed the Technomate boxes have co-axial connectors, but can't find anything to suggest you can use them with the magic eye?

Any help you can give would be most appreciated, perhaps there's another way of connecting the magic eye link?

Thanks all
Stu

---------- Post Merged at 03:12 PM ----------

Have just discovered you can control the VU+ boxes with a smart phone app! So this would be a great alternative to using the magic eye.

Would still like to hear what others have done though for a similar setup?

Thanks

Back