"your device is not active"

PCM

My 'friend' has an old but working Mag Box 250 - no new updates etc., re-booted etc., another url works fine.
On a particular, well regarded provider he gets the message, "your device is not active".
Has anyone seen this before, searches turn up no guidance.
Maybe its getting old now?
Any thoughts appreciated.

many providers are moving away from suppling mags as they can pose a security risk.
They are starting to move away from mags but wouldn't you have thought that his/her provider would have explained this, and at least have offered an alternative, if this indeed is what has happened? It would be the least that I would expect anyway!

Reactions: PCM
They are starting to move away from mags but wouldn't you have thought that his/her provider would have explained this, and at least have offered an alternative, if this indeed is what has happened? It would be the least that I would expect anyway!
Some providers can change the mag lines to user/password lines, but not all of them can, it's worth asking though

Yes i would one of my providers has been saying for ages that when their sub runs out it will not be renewed unless they change device , but lets be honest we have to play by the providers rules, It's up to you whether you renew or not.

Yes i would one of my providers has been saying for ages that when their sub runs out it will not be renewed unless they change device , but lets be honest we have to play by the providers rules, It's up to you whether you renew or not.
Agreed (y)

Has he given the provider the correct MAC address for the mag box if provider wasn’t supporting a mag then common sense would’ve been the case.
Have you double checked the portal to make sure it’s correct and not changed.
Not every provider is moving away from Mac subs in general it’s more the mag boxes with codec.
It dosnt matter if Mac based or username and password there’s still security risks even with hardcored apps.

Back