Your Favourite Film or Films of All Time?

Why No County For Old Men’s Ending Is Perfect

No Country For Old Men rewards more than one viewing and a common misconception, and an intentional one is that the movie is really Moss’ story. The book makes it clear Bell is the true protagonist, and the story involves his struggle as an “old” man to understand the world he lives in. The morals and violence he’s confronted with make little sense to him, and his eventual retirement amounts to the character choosing to live what time remains to him in peace. The movie never would have ended with Bell catching and killing Chigurh. While the hitman might not be supernatural, it’s shown time and again the character represents death and the inevitability of fate.

Even Moss, an ex-Vietnam vet who is more than capable in a fight, couldn’t outrun his own destiny, which was decided the moment he took the money. Maybe it would have been more satisfying to see Chigurh caught or killed but had Bell found him, the sheriff almost certainly would have died too. Far from being anticlimactic, the final scene of No Country For Old Men is a poetic summation of the movie’s core themes, and while it may not have seemed that way upon initial release, it was the only satisfying way for the story to end.
Are you one of the Cohen Brothers? Joking it was my kind of movie!

Went too deep into the movie Willo did lol.

But was a great movie nonetheless maybe I saw it a bit different to him and others.

Sometimes the measure of a good movie is(could you watch it again?) The answer for me is no except for Bullet, Dirty Harry and Psycho!! They are the only I have

Sometimes the measure of a good movie is(could you watch it again?) The answer for me is no except for Bullet, Dirty Harry and Psycho!! They are the only I have

True to a certain extent.

But some movies you just cant watch again but that doesnt mean they are not good.

I know a movie like interstellar have to watch a few times to know what the hell is going on lol.

Dambusters
Reach for the skies
Saving private ryan
Favourite of all time is easy

There are 2 kinds of people in this world those with loaded guns and those who dig You dig !! ( The good the bad and the ugly )

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2w9X_tHU7k&ved=2ahUKEwjsj7iHyJPoAhXSkFwKHTwQC80QwqsBMAB6BAgIEAU&usg=AOvVaw1bbXwcR3akpXYQM5g-Zwvt

Clint Eastwood in his prime made some amazing movies that's for sure.

Mind you million dollar baby and mule were really good as well.

Back