YTS Agrees to a Million Dollars in Piracy Settlements BUT Remains Online.....

basejumper

TK Veteran
YTS Agrees to a Million Dollars in Piracy Settlements and Remains Online * TorrentFreak

Popular torrent site YTS has 'settled' another piracy lawsuit, this time with seven small movie companies. The site's operator and an associated business agreed to a consent judgment totalling $1,050,000 in damages.

The consent judgment lists a person named Senthil Vijay Segaran and the company Techmodo as the YTS operators. Copyright attorney Kerry Culpepper forced them into paying over $1 million in piracy damages, they also agreed to remove the torrents of the movie companies, and prevent these from being reuploaded.

Paying any sort of financial outlay is an admission of guilt and traditionally, when copyright holders go after pirate sites their main mission is to shut them down permanently.

YTS doesn't have a million dollars and no-one seems to know where their income comes from so they have been allowed to continue as normal to pay the damages.

Kerry Culpepper didn’t file any lawsuits from bigger movie studios but said “If those larger studios want me to make a demand on their behalf, they need to hire me.”

So where does YTSs’ income come from?

Why don’t the big movie companies hire Culpepper to present lawsuits on their behalf which would be massive compared to one million dollars and shut YTS down for good?

Never rated YTS when I used to download. Video was good and decent small sizes but the audio was shocking on a lot of films, all background noise (music, explosions, gunfire etc) really loud and the speech really low so you couldn't hear what they were saying. There's a lot better sites out there.

Never rated YTS when I used to download. Video was good and decent small sizes but the audio was shocking on a lot of films, all background noise (music, explosions, gunfire etc) really loud and the speech really low so you couldn't hear what they were saying. There's a lot better sites out there.
Agreed, but that's what makes the file sizes smaller so they are popular with PLEX and streaming sites so they don't buffer.

Back