Zafira 1.9CDTI cutting out while driving!! HELP!!

bexobv

HI.... I have a 2006 Zafira 1.9 CDTI SRi. Done 120k. I havnt had this for long only about 6 weeks and i have rarely been able to drive it!!

When im driving along the engine stalls and cuts out forcing me to pull over quickly as pressing the accel pedal has no effect. The dash lights will light up, if i turn the key straight away it just attempts to start and just turns over. If i take out the key and try again it starts up perfectly no problems and i can just be on my way. This has made my car into a death trap! And it is just completely random, not when going over bumps, turning a direction or putting my foot down its completely random.

It does this hot and cold and on motorways or driving 30mph and also when in idle just ticking over it just stalls by itself. Ive noticed sometimes when its playing up the trip screen says ' battery remote control'

No fault codes have been found as yet but once it did flash up CIM module? Will i need an auto electrician and does anybody think it might be the ECU?

I have had a few things done to the car to test to see if it would fix it,

Fuel filter changed - was realllllllly dirty!! (obv never been changed)
Throttle body cleaned
EGR cleaned
DPF checked
Fuse box cleaned and checked - no visible dodgy wires or blown fuses
Oil filter change and new oil
Injectors tested - all working but not at their best
New cam belt (this had also never been changed!!)
And replaced the crank sensor.
It has just also passed its MOT with flying colours!

Has anybody else has this problem? I love the car and dont want to give it up for a refund as ive put alot of time, money and stress into this.

I would appreciate any ideas as im close to losing the plot!!

Becky xx

Back