Zgemma 5.2TC Sound Has Gone?

casper17

Hi Folks,

Looking a bit of help been searching through the forums to see if someone has had a similar problem. I have noticed many have recovered their sound by reflashing the box this hasnt worked for me.

Before xmas the sound on my zgemma 5.2TC went off I done a reflash of openatv 6.3 and reinstalled wooshbuild infinity build yesterday and got everything up and running again to no avail. I noticed this morning a new openatv 6.4 image has been released so done the same thing and again no sound.

When I hit the audio button on me remote I have:

AC3 Downmix- On
DTS Downmix On
Audio Channel- Stereo

1 MPEG English X

I had both a Vermin CS running on the box and an IPTV sub and the sound has went on both so this has preety much limited down to something to do with images or something to do with box itself. I have tried different HDMI and tvs without success.

Thanks for the help

Do you play with your cables while units are powered on.
Does that box extra ports for different cables to try.
Have you got sound muted.

Do you play with your cables while units are powered on.
Does that box extra ports for different cables to try.
Have you got sound muted.

Hi Cactikid Thanks for the reply

- The box only has the one hdmi cable so I cant eliminate if its just the port or not.

- I think the hdmi cable may have been whipped out of the tv while still connected to the box and power on so I was thinking there is a possibility it could be this but still getting picture on the screen and what sticks out to me is another zgemma 5.2TC I have access to has different audio option. So while the defective box only gives you MPEG the working box gives AC3/AAC depending on what channel you are on.

-Its definitely not on mute checked and everything to make sure the mute symbol has not been hidden.

I am using a Gold HDMI cable by the way on the 2 boxes and have been for the last couple of years.

It could be the port on the box or tv but as you said you have tried it on other tv's and with different hdmi cables it looks like the hdmi port on the box is at fault
If you have phono leads you can use these but only for SD channels

It could be the port on the box or tv but as you said you have tried it on other tv's and with different hdmi cables it looks like the hdmi port on the box is at fault
If you have phono leads you can use these but only for SD channels

Thanks for the reply.

Ill try get phono leads when out 2mor and see if they work. I was hoping it wouldnt be the hdmi port on the box- the picture is still showing on the screen do you think the sound could go on its own? I thought maybe both would go if it was the port itself?

Thanks for the reply.

Ill try get phono leads when out 2mor and see if they work. I was hoping it wouldnt be the hdmi port on the box- the picture is still showing on the screen do you think the sound could go on its own? I thought maybe both would go if it was the port itself?
No, often just the sound disappears but sometimes the picture disappears but the sound remains

Back