zgemma and tvheadend

Hi guys,

Little bit of background, I'm looking to set up tvheadend on a old system which will have a link two cable, two Satellite (freesat) and one IPTV to the headend, this would allow me to have a number of devices in the household working at the same time (watching the streams via kodi via tvheadend). now i've got the cable and IPTV working but really want a non internet reliant option on the server.

Just wondering if anyone on here has had experience with sending the tuner signals to a tvheadend system? I understand you need to switch off enigma2 but unsure after that what i need to do next.

Thanks for any advice given

Hi guys,

Little bit of background, I'm looking to set up tvheadend on a old system which will have a link two cable, two Satellite (freesat) and one IPTV to the headend, this would allow me to have a number of devices in the household working at the same time (watching the streams via kodi via tvheadend). now i've got the cable and IPTV working but really want a non internet reliant option on the server.

Just wondering if anyone on here has had experience with sending the tuner signals to a tvheadend system? I understand you need to switch off enigma2 but unsure after that what i need to do next.

Thanks for any advice given

Hi,

You can use minisatip to tvheadend but i've had mixed results from it.

If you have a tuner for the old system you can use enigma2 boxes as set top boxes for tvheadend, I do this myself, I have a number of Zgemma boxes using TVHeadend as the tv server.

I have also tried running TVHeadend directly on an Enigma2 boxes but it struggles to use the tuners.

Back