Zgemma Automated Software Update / config file update

adamsm

Is there a way of setting up the box so it does an automatic software and config file updates on a weekly basis?

There maybe a way via command line and using crontimer but you'll probably run into trouble with faulty updates. I only do software when I know I have time to reflash incase a bad update comes through.

As above u would need to create a contab file and set this to run when requierd by setting the timer how ever u would need to find the run ckmmands and be able to put it all together

I always find it better to just refl;ash the latest image as had issues in the past with updates. I normally just re flash every year when I put a new sub on and not had any issues yet.

Its weird I've got the h5.2tc and the latest image has changed some menu options. For example Reception is the new menu option for Auto Bouquet and tuning. Strange cause on the h2h even with updates its not changed. I don't know what OPEN ATV are doing at the moment but they seem to me mucking things up. It's a shame that only the H7 box is supported by open vix else Id be changing images :-)

Openvix are changing the name aswel. Scanning options are still in the same place though it's just a name change.

Back