Zgemma box will flash and boot but no picture

Hi guys,

Ive got 2 zgemma star 2s boxes and 1 of them will flash and boot but when it boots up you can see either the wooshbuild or open atv logo at the beginning but once it boots to 100 the screen goes crazy and like blurry and you can't see anything. Ive tried using all the various images on zgemma and tried the images on here. Ive tried using multiple usbs and low level format but no difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions or is this box just completely useless now?

Could be hdmi port gone bad as you dont plug/unplug cables while units are powered on.
Try phono cables red/white/yellow to see if you get a clearer picture.

Could be hdmi port gone bad as you dont plug/unplug cables while units are powered on.
Try phono cables red/white/yellow to see if you get a clearer picture.
its not that sort of issue its stuck on boot, reflash and reboot the same openatv appears then scrambled picture still showing stuck boot on box? It is the same from video

Attachments

• zgemma screen.jpg
    zgemma screen.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 11
So you can view the menu but not channels?
Can you try box at a different location thinking its a feed issue and maybe water ingress of cable.
If box works ok in neighbours suspect cable/lnb issue loose connection.
When powered off look at f connector closely any burn marks?

THese boxes also suffer from power supply issues.

no stuck on boot.. no numbers appear as if loading so doesn't get that far, but the image i agree looks like bad signal on anything else.

Reboot means running up and down with numbers,Did you see that on box or tv screen,try a different power supply and while powered off remove sat feeds and retry.

Ok latest 2 different USB’s say they are flashing goes to boot and openatv appears then looks like the screen previously posted a broken signal/scrambled page.... and stays on boot

I have used many for flashing boxes all are max size 8gb Kingston , Cruzer and Integral.
Double check file matches box name,no other usb devices plugged in and any buttons to press to start the process.
I have always done a format on usb fat32 on windows and extracted files to it.

Yes I’ve double checked and flashed several boxes in the past, this is the only 1 which is consistently stopping at the same stage after going through the flashing process, even tried a 3rd party formatting tool, my cruzer stick isn’t recognised.. just for info. I’ve spent enough time on it and used 5 different USB’s and even 3 different flash cards with adapter just to see, if I can acquire some different USB’s I have another crack in the future, luckily I have another box which flashed no problem so will be using that.
Thanks for ur suggestions and help but if I was a betting man I would edge towards it being a spares or repairs

Back