Zgemma boxes stuck on boot

moshibeth

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Guys i have spend 2 hours this evening with abu a mate of mine who is one of the main guys off the OE-A feeds which gives you all the plugins available via your enigma 2 boxes, I have a box given to me by a friend who found that after switching the box on one morning it was stuck on 49 and would not boot up so after trying myself various things changing files to force/Different usb sticks ect nothing worked with that method. I managed to connect the box via ftp and putty so tried using various telnet commands to get the box working but failed so i contacted abu. He spend a fair amount of time this evening and after using both tenet (putty ect) and a ftp program (flashfxp) we managed to find the issue of the box looping and stuck on boot was an old ipab file and the memory was nearly all used up, I just would like to say thanks for his help and pass on any info which may help anyone avoiding this,

1) Make sure that you have a hard drive or usb for extra memory to avoid using up the internal memory which will cause the box to loop.
2) Keep the box to a minimum amount if you do not intent using a hard drive or usb as epg data will use a fair amount
3) You can perform a clean up of any unused data by running cashe flush on a regular basis and i believe all the lads who do backup images (wooshman/grog/ willo) ect have this plugin available
4) I have been told that there will be some new plugins available soon ( iptv) so i hope this helps anyone to avoid loosing their enjoyment (y)(y)(y)

1) Make sure that you have a hard drive or usb for extra memory to avoid using up the internal memory which will cause the box to loop.
This is something that gets me annoyed, people don't listen when you tell them it's needed, I've helped hundreds of people set up boxes and always tell them they need a usb or hard drive, the amount of times they say 'I don't record so don't use a usb stick', there is so much more that the USB/HDD is used for, picons, timeshift, epg, swap file if you use one, to name a few, and if you have no additional storage then these will try and use internal storage which just is not large enough for them. The box may work without it, but eventually it will cause problems.

Good post mate,

Back