Zgemma H.2H SD Card Setup

hiranuk

Hi

I have a Zgemma H.2H i cannot seem to record channels to SD card. I have a 4GB card inserted when i press record button on my remote i get a message "not enough hard disk space" when i go to the Recordings menu on the box the record location shows HDD but it will not let me select teh SD card.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Hi

I have a Zgemma H.2H i cannot seem to record channels to SD card. I have a 4GB card inserted when i press record button on my remote i get a message "not enough hard disk space" when i go to the Recordings menu on the Zox the record location shows HDD but it will not let me select teh SD card.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

I've got this thought in the back of my mind that you can only use the micro SD card to store EPG, Timeshift and some box settings. Recording can only be done via USB! Does that sound right?

Ok i know you probably have....but has the SD card been initialised.Also is the sd card the only storage device you have on it or is there a USB stick aswell

Ok i know you probably have....but has the SD card been initialised.Also is the sd card the only storage device you have on it or is there a USB stick aswell
yes it has been initialised i also have a 4GB USB stick but i olny used this to flash Open ATV then i removed it and just left the SD card in.

To be honest 4Gb isn't really enough for everything to run off....thats probably why it's saying that.You see everything will be running off it...timeshift/EPG cross EPG and swap file....there will hardly be any memory left.

Do you have the recording/timeshift settings set?

Maybe the location is set as the internal flash storage, if you haven't configured it.

(oATV) Setup > Recordings & TimeShift > Recording Settings > Default Movie Location

Or maybe try the "Use as HDD" feature to mount it as /hdd/ so you can access it easier, though I've got no idea how it might negatively affect since it's a SD card.

There's a bit more info in this thread:
http://www.techkings.org/threads/zgemma-h2h-128gb-mirco-sd-card-wont-initial.108584/#post-611078

I had a box running purely on an sd card and it will happily run with recording, timeshift, epg, picons, swap etc etc all on the sd card.
The problems arise with software updates or something similar if I remember rightly.
I kept getting failures because it refused to download to the sd card even if it was mounted as /media/hdd.
I ended up having to use a tiny usb as well which defeated the object.
Maybe things have changed now, I haven't tried it for a long time.

Back