zgemma H.2H stuck in boot after OTA update

homi576

Hay everyone

I have a zgemma H.2H here that did an update from the box and now is stuck saying boot, with no output. I have tried flashing with a new scumsee image but the box just shows boot, never shows flsh. I have done a low level format on the USB device along with a full windows format (not a quick format) but no success have also tried with another USB but no joy.

Tried holding down the power button when pressing the rear button still nothing, is this box dead? Is there anyway I can fix this?

Hay everyone

I have a zgemma H.2H here that did an update from the box and now is stuck saying boot, with no output. I have tried flashing with a new scumsee image but the box just shows boot, never shows flsh. I have done a low level format on the USB device along with a full windows format (not a quick format) but no success have also tried with another USB but no joy.

Tried holding down the power button when pressing the rear button still nothing, is this box dead? Is there anyway I can fix this?

When you switch on with USB inserted you need to press the front power button to get it to FLASH mode.

I would go for something like DSAYERS image - extract to the USB drive which is FAT32 formatted.

Give that a try and let me know

Hay everyone

When you switch on with USB inserted you need to press the front power button to get it to FLASH mode.

I would go for something like DSAYERS image - extract to the USB drive which is FAT32 formatted.

Give that a try and let me know

I just tried with pressing the power button but it just goes straight to boot, tried a couple of times but no luck :(

no i tried the red light is stuck on and it just says boot... ive reformated usb stick put zgemma file ontoit put it in the box and still nothing...

ive contacted the guy i bought it off he said he would send me files to sort it out just waiting on it if not i can send it back to him for him to do, ive look on you tube to try do it but no luck haha.. id like to know how to do it myself its to easy just to send it back...

Try a basic image without any prefab plugins installed already.

I advice Openpli. {openpli.org}

Put files after unzipping the zip file in the root of the usb stick and put it in the rear usb slot. The main directory is named zgemma. Make sure only that dir is on the stick.

Turn off the box completely and start the flash procedure. If you don't see usb/flash after a second, power down the box and repeat that till you see flash in the display

These boxes are very sensible for the usb stick you use. A max 16GB stick formatted to standard fat32 must work. If you keep having problems/issues, try another USB stick.

Last edited:
cheers i will try that now ...

---------- Post Merged at 10:06 PM ----------

no luck thing box it dead just red light on and says boot

your usb isnt being read so the box is passing it by, there is a reason why its not being read.... the box alters the usb on restart after flashing so if you've flashed with it before & allowed the box to boot the usb wont flash again until... its prepared properly...not just formatted (box changes mbr to linux or something).

format it with hddguru then full fat32 format with windows then load the image

Last edited:
Back